Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View label centralised

SOLVED
acoates

View label centralised

Hi All,

Please could you tell me if there's a config setting that I'm missing to centralise my section/detail view labels by default. I have this line in my dtl file:

default_view_label_placement BOTTOM_CENTRE

but they consistently still default to "right".

Thanks,

Andy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: View label centralised

May be a simple thing...

the value should be "bottom_center" and not "bottom_centre"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Andy,

Assuming you changed your .dtl file, did you reload your updated .dtl file into your drawing?

I don't mean just to open the drawing, you need to physically reload your .dtl while in your drawing in order to make the new settings take affect.

I believe this should provide you with what you are looking to do, even with existing view labels. If not, try creating a new view.

ron

Hi Ron. The labels are still not central, even in new drawings. The .dtl isn't related to the sheet format template, is it?

Andy

the drawing will do a one time read of the .dtl file.  it will only update when you force another read.

hmmm, let me look some more....  you working in creo?

May be a simple thing...

the value should be "bottom_center" and not "bottom_centre"

View solution in original post

Ah, good grief! That's probably it. I have corrected it and will check when I next do a drawing. Thank you!

(Note to self: always check which dialect you are proof reading in! )

Announcements