cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Alt-T, F

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Alt-T, F

Did they PTC screw up all short cut keys?

Alt-T, F in a model/assembly used to bring you to the family table.

(At least when Windows products dropped the commands/move menus, they left the short cut keys alone for experienced users).

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

When I hit Alt-T, several of the "boxes" that show my next options pop up. For family table, it has a box with an "LT". Does that mean I have to hit "L" & "T" or is there an "LT" key that I am missing? If it is "L" & "T", is now double handed again bringing the right hand off of the mouse.

Dale,

use your right index finger and click step-by-step following keyboard buttons ... ALT   T   L   T

Note: You can use lowercase letters.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

I am a right handed mouser. That means taking you hand off the mouse a hole lot more than I used too. (or making mapkeys.)

Also that muscle memory thing kicks in after having done Alt-T, F for years (decades?).

Dale,

INFO: From my point of view, ALT keyboard sequences are usable, when user wants to automate Creo actions using AutoIt or AutoHotkey.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Unfortunately you probably have to know what AutoIt or AutoHotkey are in order for that to work. 

AutoIt or AutoHotkey are external programs that are like mapkeys only the work across all programs in windows.

If this is an issue for you I would recommend creating mapkeys or you could create a product idea to change it to what you want.

I'm a right-handed mouser too - that just means that my left hand covers the whole keyboard for mapkeys.   They're only a few characters long - it's not like you're typing out War and Peace!

Top Tags