cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Alternative Distribution for the Creo View Express Browser Plugin

ptc-4556759
1-Newbie

Alternative Distribution for the Creo View Express Browser Plugin

Hello everybody,

we are developing a web-based online e-commerce shop system where customers can buy technical articles via the browser. In order to visualize these articles we are using the Creo View Express Browser Plugin.

So far it is necessary for every customer to manually download the free 120 MB Creo View Express exe File and install it in Windows, which may require administrator access rights. So the browser plugins also get installed during the process.

So my question is whether it is possible to facilitate the installation process in the following way: the browser informs the user about a missing plugin, then downloads and installs it automatically, like it is the common way to install the Adobe Flash plugin. So it also would not be necesarry anymore to be the system administrator.

Thanks for all your help.

Thomas

1 REPLY 1

Hi Thomas...

Unfortunately I can't help with this topic... but if you figure this out, please post your progress back here on Planet PTC. I know several other administrators who would love to install the Creo View Express plugin in this manner. I'm not sure it's possible but it would be great if you could figure out a way to do it.

Good luck!

-Brian

Top Tags