cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Another uninstall question - coretools_sh.dll is missing

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Another uninstall question - coretools_sh.dll is missing

Now that I learned how to spell quiet, instead of quite. I've discovered two more issues with my uninstall script.

First, The command to uinstall CreoView Express, isn't working. It doesn't generate any errors, but it doesn't uninstall the software either.
After the script complete, I can open a command shell and type the command and it will uninstall. ???????
Re running the script doesn't uninstall it. But copy and paste from the script into an interactive shell does. What's with that?

Second, after uninstalling "Creo Help", the command to uninstall Simulate, generates the following errors:
"The program can't start because coretools_sh.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
When you pick OK on that System Error box, you get another System Error box with the same error. When you pick on OK in that box you get this message:
"Please exit the already running installer or uninstaller first" "Already running..." When you pick on OK in that box the uninstall script will continue to the next command.

My script: Everything except the problem lines show in yellow works.

6 REPLIES 6

In my case I am using a .bat file...

For line 14 below I use:

start /w msiexec /uninstall x:\CreoView_Express_32_64.msi /passive

I think I got the msi file from a link someone posted; or it may have
been the one that I liberated from an install executable. That was a
pain. I use a similar line to uninstall Arbortext.

I have the exact same line 19 as you do and it seems to work.

I read line 15 in PTC install manual as well but it doesn't seem to work
for me when doing silent uninstalls. It always leaves behind the common
files folder and files. If I do the uninstall manually with add/remove
programs it gets rid of it like it is supposed to.

/Michael

I found the solution to both problems.

On the first problem:
saw
11-Garnet
11-Garnet
(To:davehaigh)

David,

Can you please describe your solution?  I am just now running into this with a new install of Creo 2 M200.

Thank you,

steve

davehaigh
11-Garnet
(To:saw)

humm, It appears that the migration of this conversation from the mail exploder stopped importing when it got to my line of equals.

I'm going to post both messages here.

Now that I learned how to spell quiet, instead of quite. I’ve discovered two more issues with my uninstall script.

First, The command to uinstall CreoView Express, isn’t working. It doesn’t generate any errors, but it doesn’t uninstall the software either.

After the script complete, I can open a command shell and type the command and it will uninstall. ???????

Re running the script doesn’t uninstall it. But copy and paste from the script into an interactive shell does. What’s with that?

Second, after uninstalling “Creo Help”, the command to uninstall Simulate, generates the following errors:

“The program can’t start because coretools_sh.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”

When you pick OK on that System Error box, you get another System Error box with the same error. When you pick on OK in that box you get this message:

“Please exit the already running installer or uninstaller first” “Already running…” When you pick on OK in that box the uninstall script will continue to the next command.

My script: Everything except the problem lines show in yellow works.

=====================================================

1. rem ** Remove the Creo Agent
  2. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.09" call uninstall
  3. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.10" call uninstall
  4. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.11" call uninstall
  5. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.15" call uninstall
  6. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.19" call uninstall

1. rem ** Remove the Creo Agent
  2. wmic product where name="Creo View 2.0" call uninstall

1. rem ** Remove the Thumbviewer
  2. cd "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\m050\install\addon\"
  3. msiexec /uninstall "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\m050\install\addon\Thumbviewer_32_64.msi" /passive

1. rem ** Remove CreoView Express
  2. cd "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M050\install\addon\pvx32\pvexpress"
  3. 14. start /w msiexec.exe /x CreoView_Express_32.msi /qn

1. rem ** Uninstall Creo. Uninstalling the last app referencing the common files folder removes it automatically
  2. cd "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Help\bin"
  3. "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Help\bin\uninstall.exe" -quiet
  4. cd "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Simulate\bin"
  5. "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Simulate\bin\uninstall.exe" -quiet
  6. cd "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin"
  7. "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\uninstall.exe" -quiet

1. rem ** Remove other Software installed with CreoView express
  2. wmic product where name="Arbortext IsoView 7.3" call uninstall
  3. wmic product where name="Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319" call uninstall
  4. wmic product where name="Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319" call uninstall
  5. wmic product where name="Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17" call uninstall
  6. wmic product where name="Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17" call uninstall

Here is the second message where I provided the solution

I found the solution to both problems.

On the first problem:

================

Much thanks to Michael Cormack for supplying me the correct syntax for uninstalling CreoView Express. I’ll just say that the documentation in the install guide, is flat out wrong.

The guide says to do this:

cd "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M050\install\addon\pvx32\pvexpress"

start /w msiexec.exe /x CreoView_Express_32.msi /qn

What works is similar syntax to what they suggest for the thumbviewer.

start /w msiexec /uninstall "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M050\install\addon\pvx32\pvexpress\CreoView_Express_32.msi" /passive

There is no need to CD to the folder first if you use the full path.

On the second problem:

==================

After watching the tasks manager while uninstalling for the umpteenth time. I came to the conclusion that the uninstallers were not finishing before the script was trying to start the next uninstaller. I tried using the sleep command but it was just ignoring that. So after some Google searches, I decided to use ping. It’s suggested in the pages I looked at that it uses the least resources on the system. That should let the uninstaller complete faster.

The syntax is:

ping -n 30 127.0.0.1>null

I also decided that the install guide’s instructions to CD to the target directory before running the uninstall command was unnecessary. Testing proved this to be the case.

My script now looks like this and everything uninstalls fine.  The wait times may be excessive. The longest wait is needed for uninstalling Parametric.

My Uninstall script:

==============

1. 1. rem ** Remove the Creo Agent, for m010, m020, m030, m040, & m050
  2. 2. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.09" call uninstall
  3. 3. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.10" call uninstall
  4. 4. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.11" call uninstall
  5. 5. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.15" call uninstall
  6. 6. wmic product where name="Creo Platform 2.19" call uninstall

1. 7. rem ** Remove Creo View
  2. 8. wmic product where name="Creo View 2.0" call uninstall

1. 9. rem ** Waiting 30 seconds
  2. 10.   ping -n 30 127.0.0.1>null

1. 11.   rem ** Remove CreoView Express
  2. 12.   start /w msiexec /uninstall "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M050\install\addon\pvx32\pvexpress\CreoView_Express_32.msi" /passive

1. 13.   rem ** Waiting 30 seconds
  2. 14.   ping -n 30 127.0.0.1>null

1. 15.   rem ** Remove the Thumbviewer
  2. 16.   msiexec /uninstall "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Common Files\m050\install\addon\Thumbviewer_32_64.msi" /passive

1. 17.   rem **  Waiting 30 seconds
  2. 18.   ping -n 30 127.0.0.1>null

1. 19.   rem ** Uninstall Creo. Uninstalling the last app referencing the Common Files folder removes it automatically
  2. 20.   "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Simulate\bin\uninstall.exe" -quiet

1. 21.   rem ** Waiting 90 seconds
  2. 22.   ping -n 90 127.0.0.1>null

1. 23.   rem ** cd "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin"
  2. 24.   "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\uninstall.exe" -quiet

1. 25.   rem ** Waiting 90 seconds
  2. 26.   ping -n 90 127.0.0.1>null

1. 27.   rem ** cd "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Help\bin"
  2. 28.   "C:\ptc\Creo 2.0\Help\bin\uninstall.exe" -quiet

1. 29.   rem ** Waiting 90 seconds
  2. 30.   ping -n 90 127.0.0.1>null

1. 31.   rem ** Remove other Software installed with CreoView express
  2. 32.   wmic product where name="Arbortext IsoView 7.3" call uninstall
  3. 33.   wmic product where name="Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.30319" call uninstall
  4. 34.   wmic product where name="Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319" call uninstall
  5. 35.   wmic product where name="Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17" call uninstall
  6. 36.   wmic product where name="Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.17" call uninstall
saw
11-Garnet
11-Garnet
(To:davehaigh)

Thank you.

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:saw)

Hello Steve,

it may be unusual with David being the original poster of the question, but if you verify the resolution working for you, please mark David's answer as correct.

It might help others as well.

Thanks,

Gunter

Top Tags