cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Any way to flag potential x-section deletions in time?

BarrySchaeffer
1-Newbie

Any way to flag potential x-section deletions in time?

ProE gurus,

A senior user whom I support expressed frustration about how easy it is to accidentally delete x-sections because ProE no longer yelps when you delete the datum that defines the x-section.

Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if the x-section was a feature, but it's not.

Is there a hidden config option to enable this behavior? We know that he could have avoided this by naming the sectioning datum, but it would still be useful if there was another "trip wire" to enable us to protect ourselves (from ourselves).

Barry Schaeffer
Fluke
Everett WA

We're using WF5 M070.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

This would be an great function. Curious to hear any solutions.

~Doug
NGC

Creo 2.0

Not really a solution to your x-section issue, but rather something to
get fidgety about, notice I didn't say excited!

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:BarrySchaeffer)

Hi all,

Barry,

There is an attempt to give the user a warning via prompt bar in pro/e session but the warning flushed away by thefollowing messages.

I had ended upmaking a script (console app) which is looking for 'Crossection will be deleted' string in the current trail file(s) and sends a full screen warning box telling user to get out of pro. The script starts at user login.

I had tried to make a toolkit app as well but API for crossection access was very limited until creo-2. Did not work so good. Don't waste time on it.

HIH.

Feliks.

In Reply to Barry Schaeffer:

ProE gurus,

A senior user whom I support expressed frustration about how easy it is to accidentally delete x-sections because ProE no longer yelps when you delete the datum that defines the x-section.

Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if the x-section was a feature, but it's not.

Is there a hidden config option to enable this behavior? We know that he could have avoided this by naming the sectioning datum, but it would still be useful if there was another "trip wire" to enable us to protect ourselves (from ourselves).

Barry Schaeffer
Fluke
Everett WA

We're using WF5 M070.
Top Tags