cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Best hardware for working

BarrotFarréSalv
1-Newbie

Best hardware for working

Dear all,

Can you tell me wich is the best hardware for working with Proenginner 4.0 M 120 over Windchill 9.0 M070, with oracle Database. (Working with Windows XP prof)

I have lots of problems of slow working in it and I'm thinking the problem is the hardware. What kind of PC do you have and works very well or what kind of hardware do you recommend?

thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

here you can find System Requirements for ProE Wildfire 4.0

If you are looking for a specific workstation: see HP8740w - it's really cool PC for your work ;o)

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You should look at getting the fastest processor you can and the most memory. It would be best to have a 64bit OS so that you can make use of more memory and maybe better processing capabilities.

The video card does not seem to make that much difference as long as it does OpenGL.

Mouse drivers other then what comes with Windows sometimes cause problems, and I have problems with mice that have a smooth turning scroll wheel. The clicking ones seem to work better zooming in Pro/E.

You might also try upgrading to a GigaBit network Connection to see if you can communicate with the server faster.

Hello,

here you can find System Requirements for ProE Wildfire 4.0

If you are looking for a specific workstation: see HP8740w - it's really cool PC for your work ;o)

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

I'm looking for a Laptop for Proengineer 4

any other laptop cheaper than HP8740w (1350 pounds..)

Is the bottleneck with Windchill or ProE ?

Might effect where you want to spend your money...

the bottleneck is in Proe. I want to use this laptop connected with windchill 9 M070. I need a laptop to designg machines over 200 parts.

which laptop do you recommend?

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags