cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

CREO 2 FLOATING MODULES

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member

CREO 2 FLOATING MODULES

Hi All

Myself and the design engineer attending a user group session on Wensday night at the company who covers our PTC support, and we recieved the latest burn of Creo 2 M030

We hadn't stepped into Creo 2 F000, as we had just got Creo 1 working satisfactory.

So I have been trying to set up Creo 2 today.

One issue, when I select the floating module NC-PRODUCTION-SET and save the config file, it won't stay active the next time I launch, I have to reselect every time, we didn't have this problem with Creo 1.

Also, I have set custom ribbon and saved it in my start directory, and set the option to load this to yes within the config.pro, now if I leave it named creo_parametric_customization.ui It will work, but if I set it to creo_parametric_admin_customization , as instructed to do, it won't allow me to load the floating module for production machining.

What do I have to do to have the floating module set active every time I start Creo 2

Thanks

Peter

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Peter,

What you need to do is reconfigure your install of creo. Go to the ptc directory in program files then select Creo2.0 then select parameteric then select bin. at the bottom should be reconfigure.exe and selct that. It brings up the install screens again. you just next through the first couple until you get to the following

install1.JPG

Then you select the customize button at the top. Then select command configuration and edit the existing.

install2.JPG

The Machine set will be on the left side with mechanism design. If you drag that to the right side

where mine is and say ok and go through the install again it should load every time with the machining active so you won't have to select the license every time. you don't need to reload all the software just let it reconfigure it. it should ask if you want to reload or just reconfigure.

install3.JPG

Hope this helps

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Peter,

What you need to do is reconfigure your install of creo. Go to the ptc directory in program files then select Creo2.0 then select parameteric then select bin. at the bottom should be reconfigure.exe and selct that. It brings up the install screens again. you just next through the first couple until you get to the following

install1.JPG

Then you select the customize button at the top. Then select command configuration and edit the existing.

install2.JPG

The Machine set will be on the left side with mechanism design. If you drag that to the right side

where mine is and say ok and go through the install again it should load every time with the machining active so you won't have to select the license every time. you don't need to reload all the software just let it reconfigure it. it should ask if you want to reload or just reconfigure.

install3.JPG

Hope this helps

Steve

Wheelsofsteel
5-Regular Member
(To:SteveLucas)

Hi Steve

Thanks for that, I now have it sorted.

Thank you

Peter

Top Tags