cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CREO on Android tablet

ptc-774484
1-Newbie

CREO on Android tablet

Is there any way to open 3D files (from CREO) on Android tablet?

47 REPLIES 47

Quite 6 years later ... Android is now installed on 80% of mobile terminal, but PTC seems ignore that...Smiley Mad

-----------------------------------
Pierre, 25 years on CAD tools
RobertH
13-Aquamarine
(To:Pier_8wd)

8 years later and if i'm correct they're still ignoring....

Hi all,

If the desire is to simply view the 3D model, you can publish the model using AR Design Share, and then the model can be viewed at lifesize scale on your phone/tablet in the real world. This works on most major Android devices (as well as iPhones/iPads). Hopefully that's helpful

Luke

Hi Luke
"Simply" is the correct word ! (and not part of PTC world)
I don't want an AR, don't want to have a printed target ... these are smart tools, great ! But why can't it be more simple ?
What CreoView make for my partners works fine on their computer, even smarter on their MS Surface tab. It's simple and efficient, they dont need target, don't play with AR, but it's powerfull to discuss arounf a model.
Why can't we just have it on Android ?!!

Hi Pierre,

There's no longer a need to print out a target to view the model in AR (though that is still an option). Using a spatial target, the tablet can simply scan the floor or desk and place the object full size. The tablet just needs to scan the QR code and it will launch the experience.

In fact, a major part of the value of AR Design Share in Creo is to make it as simple as possible to view/share models. No software downloads (okay, the Vuforia View app has to be downloaded on the device, but no licensing details to worry about), no data exports, or anything. Just simply publish the model from directly within Creo, and scan the QR code on your tablet and view the model. Certainly, there are other capabilities in something like Creo View that could be useful in such a tool, but for basic viewing purposes, I would argue that AR Design Share is far simpler than any other option.

Luke

I will retry to give a chance to DesignShare, but if I basically try to open a model shared on my dashboard, it failed.
I can't even try the WelcomeExperience because it ask me the ThingMark...

Screenshot_2021-06-30-19-51-35-919_com.ptc.vuforiaview.jpg

Here is the list of devices that support Spatial Tracking (called Ground Plane on the Vuforia page):  https://library.vuforia.com/platform-support/vuforia-engine-recommended-devices.html 

While Spatial Tracking is supported on most major Android devices, it looks like your device does not support it. 

Hello sir,

I am a great fan of AR and vuforia application, but you know that we can only publish the 10 model(experience) at a time and I want to publish the 11th one , I have to delete any one from the past 10 experiences. 

But if we can have the no real background model viewing capability then it will be great, let say I am travelling and I am in the aeroplane, train, car and I want to see the model/assembly which my designers done then vuforia studio will not help a lot because I will out of space due to travelling. So if we have the capability to view the pvz file in vuforia app offline then it will help a lot.

And this is very important for the manufacturer. Some time it is very tough to compete with solidworks because they have this.

If we are not able to publish offline-no background -files in vuforia then new application will be very useful, almost every software has it like fusion 360, onshape, SolidWorks, solidedge.

Hi,

Several articles regarding Android support:

Dear sir,

Good day,

I am with another use-case which I currently facing at the customer site.

I was doing some demonstration of MBD and they like to go for it. but their question was how they can visualize the pvz file in the fabrication and manufacturing department, they asked for the app so that they can provide the budget friendly tablet to fabricators for proper working, I told them that you can go for the IPAD but due to the budget issue and not IOS background of worker they said is there any android app available.

So sir, in this MBD/PMI age if we don't have any app to view on android (the majority of Indians have an android smartphone) so how is this feature used.

I think PTC should take the initiative for this, please correct if I am wrong.

RobertH
13-Aquamarine
(To:kamleshjoshi)

You are absolutely not wrong. But PTC seems to think you are.

kamleshjoshi
15-Moonstone
(To:RobertH)

😃

(the majority of Indians have an android smartphone) 

>70% of the world have an andoid OS ! (source) 
But that's not enought for PTC !

@kamleshjoshi Are you asking to view MBD annotations in AR, or are you asking for a way to view MBD in Creo View on an Android (without Augmented Reality)?

Dear sir,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I am asking for a way to view MBD in Creo View on Android (without Augmented Reality).

Thanks for clarifying. I'll point someone on the Creo View team to your request.

Dear sir, 

Kindly go through the link fyi

(source)

Top Tags