cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CREO won't launch anymore

Mcross97
4-Participant

CREO won't launch anymore

Hello everybody,

After a lot of searching on the web I have no remain options other then asking. So I've used PTC Creo 3.0 for now 2 years on my desktop computer for my studies and suddenly one day PTC CREO refused to launch and since that day it doesn't want to start anymore. When I try it shows me the loading pointer that disappears after few seconds and that's all. I've tried the following solutions :

- Uninstall/Install on different disks, in administrator.

- Clear Cache and appdata files from PTC.

- Verified my drivers.

Thank you in advance for helping and have a nice day!

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Mcross97)

Has anything chnaged on your computer?

Is the license server running?

Has the license expired?

Mcross97
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Has I know nothing has changed, I'm under windows 10

And the license is said to be valid during the installation.

Might be some Windows update. Try re-installation after disabling Firewall. 

Sorry but I've already done this, with and without firewall, with and without "right-click admin launch", etc. And my computer is up to date.

I'm stuck and moreover I can't reset my computer. Thank you for your answer thought.

Check when starting Creo, xtop.exe is populating in Task manager > Processed. 

Check the availability of xtop.exe in installation folder. 

Try starting Creo without any customization (config file, ui files etc)

Ok so thx for your answers, I've deleted everything about creo in my computer by searching in the windows explorer. So there is no remaining files even in Appdata. I've tried to install the last version of PTC CREO 3 with the right licence but an error happen each time I try to validate it... I'm using my student account so it should works.

Also I didn't find anything about xtop.exe when I was launching CREO when it was still installed nothing appeard in the task manager and nothing was findable in the files.

Mcross97
4-Participant
(To:Mcross97)

Ok so I've got some news, I managed to reinstall PTC CREO but I'm not very far from where I was because I still have the same problem : I double-click on any shortcut from PTC and nothing happen unless a little "loading" that remain few seconds... Anyone know if it's possible to report a problem and send a log to PTC, or have an idea of what is occurring ? I will be back to school on next Tuesday and I'll have to use CREO soon so it's important for me. Thank you a lot to anybody that helps 😃
Personally I think that something is missing somewhere, a driver, a tool or whatever is used in the proper working of CREO.
Have a nice weekend !

Try going to CMD window and then CD to the xtop.exe directory and then run xtop.exe from the command line. This may provide some clue as to what the failure is.

Top Tags