cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can no longer open DIAGRAM (.dgm) files in Creo

CS_2700254
4-Participant

Can no longer open DIAGRAM (.dgm) files in Creo

I am using Creo Parametric Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.4.0

We know support for DIAGRAMS (.dgm files) is all but gone but we we do have a pertpetual license (54) and have been continuing to use them, with parameter 'enable_obsolete_modes=True'. But now we can't open the .dgm files any more and we are not sure what changed. Looking at the settings with Creo we see that enable_obsolete_modes has a 'stop' icon next to it (see attached). Doe this mean it is no longer working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am using Creo 9 and "enable_obsolete_modes" is a hidden config option in this version. Could it be that it needs to be set to "yes" and not "true"? Hidden options can still be set - I use a few myself - but they won't be offered to you when you try to edit your config.pro from within Creo.

This is  a setting you are trying to make in your config.pro via the line:

enable_obsolete_modes yes

Correct?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am using Creo 9 and "enable_obsolete_modes" is a hidden config option in this version. Could it be that it needs to be set to "yes" and not "true"? Hidden options can still be set - I use a few myself - but they won't be offered to you when you try to edit your config.pro from within Creo.

This is  a setting you are trying to make in your config.pro via the line:

enable_obsolete_modes yes

Correct?

CS_2700254
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Yes, that worked! Thanks!

Top Tags