cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Cannot run Creo Elements Direct Modeling v17/Graphics Freezes

MarcRanzoni
1-Newbie

Cannot run Creo Elements Direct Modeling v17/Graphics Freezes

Greetings,

I am a fairly new user of Creo Elements/Direct and am unable to open or use the app. Error messages are attached. I originally installed the application in mid-June this year and initially it ran fine. I was able to create and modify simple 3D drawings and was also able to open and run canned package files sent to me from PTC as part of a class I was enrolled in. I was in the process of practicing some techniques I learned in an upgrade class last Wednesday (8/17) when the app crashed. I have not been able to get it to work since.
I did the usual fixes: closed down all other applications that were running or hidden; did a full power cycle of my machine and un-installed Creo Elements, cleared out any associated files and did a from-the-ground-up clean install. I did not uninstall/reinstall the graphics driver because I wasn't sure I knew how to grab the driver program from uSoft's library. In any case my diagnostics said it was fine.

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4200 and the driver(s) are updated. The machine I have has the graphics integrated into the motherboard and there are no expansion slots for a new one...

Thanks in advance for any help,

Marc

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Marc

The supported graphic cards are listed on the PTC support web site http://www.ptc.com/support. From there look under platform support in Popular tools.

Select the drop down "By Partner" and choose the hardware and software combination for your platform. I checked several platofrms and did not see your graphics card listed as one of those that have been certified and suggest you check the list to verify.

Steve

Greetings, Steve

Thank you. I suspected as much. Other knowledgable people have said pretty much the same thing. Creo Elements/ Direct will work for a while but then crashes and can not be restarted.

Marc

Top Tags