cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Cant open Creo parametric

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Cant open Creo parametric

Whenever I try to open creo parametric which I just installed, it asks me to locate the file, so what should I do?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
6 REPLIES 6

Sounds like the graphics driver might cause the problem. Have you tried updating?

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:James62)

I have not. I'm using a newer driver than PTC's "supported" driver, perhaps I should try the latest and if that fails, downgrade to the PTC supported driver.

--
LinkedIn

Just an update: I tried upgrading to M160 and updating my graphics driver to Nvidia's latest.  I thought it had corrected the problem, but it just occurred again.  I was able to open another sub-assy and it behaved fine.  Closing the sub-assy window and the original window remained affected.  Closing that window (the only one open) and re-opening the same assy fixed it.  i did not have to erase the assy from memory.

Our maintenance has expired, so i cannot open a case.  it happens very infrequently and I cannot tell you what triggers it, so I'm not sure how much help tech support would be.

--
LinkedIn

I used to have similar problems with just one PC where the screen kept freezing, it was running on Quadro card as well. After many hours of trying, I've had to install an older version of drivers to fix it.

This is the version I'm using right now on my PC:

NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.07WHQL

but it does not support your card, So you could try this one:

NVIDIA DRIVERS Quadro Notebook Driver Release 331 WHQL

Good luck, hopefully you don't have too many laptops with that specific card.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:James62)

I think we have 4 laptops like mine, but I'm not sure if they've all got this card.  I haven't heard complaints from other users.

I'll try the older driver at some point.  It doesn't happen often, and my screen isn't freezing, I just loose pre-highlighting.  I can usually finish what I'm doing and close and re-open the assy or Creo itself. So it's not a huge problem to fix, frankly, but annoying.

--
LinkedIn

Ok, not huge, but while we are at it, the other thing you can try is using a different compatibility mode.

Depending on your OS, just RMB on your Creo Parametric shortcut on your desktop, choose Properties, then go to Compatibility tab, and see what you can change there.

If you are running on Win 8.1, then try to set compatibility mode to Win 7.

Top Tags