cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Cant open Creo parametric

tskrove
1-Newbie

Cant open Creo parametric

Whenever I try to open creo parametric which I just installed, it asks me to locate the file, so what should I do?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tskrove)

What are you trying to launch, the parametric.exe or the parametric.bat?

You need to launch the parametric.bat as it calls the parametric.exe with linkage to the parametric.psf..

The parametric.psf contains the information for you modules and license.

Can you loacte these files through Windows Explorer?

Did you install the FlexNet license manager with a valid license for the version of Creo you are trying to run?

In addition to what Ben said, did you set your startup directory to path where you have write permissions? You can see you current startup directory by right-clicking Creo shortcut > Properties > Start in field. You should have a path there pointing to a folder where your user has write permissions.

EDIT:

On the other hand, maybe I didn't understand you correctly the first time What file are you supposed to open? Is it .psf file, by any chance?

What file is Creo looking for ?

Martin Hanák
Top Tags