cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Changing default arrowhead on leader notes

Clipper_captain
6-Contributor

Changing default arrowhead on leader notes

Hello all.

Our company has recently upgraded to Creo 2.0 and I am hoping that somebody can assist with this question. I am looking for a way to change the default arrowhead for leader notes to always be an arrowhead. Currently, the default is "automatic" which means if you pick the surface of a part, it defaults to a filled dot. If you pick an edge or draft entity, it defaults to an arrowhead. I can change it to an arrowhead before I complete the note, but would prefer to have it always be an arrowhead. The help center lists, what I assume to be a config option, "default_leader_arrow_style", but a find in the config options area does not show any kind of reference to this option.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please know that they are appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and assistance. Have a good one.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

This is actually in the .dtl file not the config.pro.

Or you can access the dtl from within creo at File> Prepare > Drawing/Model Properies > Detail Options. There are separate ones for drawings and models.

Thank you for the assistance. I do appreciate it.

Have a good day.

The dtl is held within the drawing/model itself and needs to be manually changed. The admin can setup a STD one that can be used but if its changed the changes dont automatically update in the drawings using the dtl.

This is something that we want to control on a per user basis and not system wide. Is there a way to save the setting so it will be read in all the time; like when starting a new drawing? Can a line be added to the config file or how can we control the .dtl file?

Thanks again.

Exactly, create the settings how you desire and save the drawing as a template. You can have templates per user, format, size, etc. each with their own settings that get loaded when the drawing is created.

Templates.JPG

This is how we do it as well.

Top Tags