cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Config Option to change Assembly Window Default

jwagh
17-Peridot

Config Option to change Assembly Window Default

When Assembling a Component, it can be shown in the assembly context, in a separate window or both. Is there a config option to control this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbrouch
3-Visitor
(To:jwagh)

Take another look at "comp_assemble_start". The option: "constrain_in_window" will have your new component in that little secondary/imbedded window - all the other options will put new component in main window doing different things. All options will still give you toggle control while placing.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Joseph,

I think you are looking for config option accessory_window_display.

Mahesh,

I believe that option brings up a completely new ProE window for the component - which isn't what I need. I am looking for an option to toggle those 2 buttons at the top-right of the model window, when assembling a component, that toggle the component within the context of the assy or a separate embedded window.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Joseph,

Possibly, config option comp_assemble_start will help you

Those options talk about the component being packaged. I don't think that is what I want.

jsarkar
1-Newbie

option accessory_window_display might work.

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:jsarkar)

already discussed above. That is for something else. Thanks for the suggestion though...

jbrouch
3-Visitor

Take another look at "comp_assemble_start". The option: "constrain_in_window" will have your new component in that little secondary/imbedded window - all the other options will put new component in main window doing different things. All options will still give you toggle control while placing.

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:jbrouch)

Bingo... good enough! Thanks!

Top Tags