cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Config Option to change Assembly Window Default

jwagh
17-Peridot

Config Option to change Assembly Window Default

When Assembling a Component, it can be shown in the assembly context, in a separate window or both. Is there a config option to control this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbrouch
3-Visitor
(To:jwagh)

Take another look at "comp_assemble_start". The option: "constrain_in_window" will have your new component in that little secondary/imbedded window - all the other options will put new component in main window doing different things. All options will still give you toggle control while placing.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Joseph,

I think you are looking for config option accessory_window_display.

Mahesh,

I believe that option brings up a completely new ProE window for the component - which isn't what I need. I am looking for an option to toggle those 2 buttons at the top-right of the model window, when assembling a component, that toggle the component within the context of the assy or a separate embedded window.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Joseph,

Possibly, config option comp_assemble_start will help you

Those options talk about the component being packaged. I don't think that is what I want.

jsarkar
1-Newbie

option accessory_window_display might work.

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:jsarkar)

already discussed above. That is for something else. Thanks for the suggestion though...

jbrouch
3-Visitor

Take another look at "comp_assemble_start". The option: "constrain_in_window" will have your new component in that little secondary/imbedded window - all the other options will put new component in main window doing different things. All options will still give you toggle control while placing.

jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:jbrouch)

Bingo... good enough! Thanks!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags