cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Config file

ptc-1773559
1-Newbie

Config file

After reinstallation Pro-E 4 on new computer it stops load automatically my customization files: ***.pro ***.win *** scl. In which folder I have to put these files for load automatically my interface custom file?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
21 REPLIES 21

Put those files in the start-up directory. They will be loaded automatically upon launching the program. Make sure you kepp the exact name of "config.pro" for the *.pro file if you want it to load automatically.

"Willy Chidichimo" wrote:

Add this line to config.pro replacing the path with your specifics: system_colors_file F:\Wildfire 4\_startupWF4\\SYSCOL.SCL Sorry, can't help with CURRENT.PRO.

"Hatim Abdul" wrote:

Put those files in the start-up directory. They will be loaded automatically upon launching the program. Make sure you kepp the exact name of "config.pro" for the *.pro file if you want it to load automatically.

Add this line to config.pro replacing the path with your specifics: system_colors_file F:\Wildfire 4\_startupWF4\\SYSCOL.SCL Sorry, can't help with CURRENT.PRO.

Like Willy said, you must define the config.pro option "system_colors_file". The vlaue of the option would be the complete path to the .scl file, not necessarily in the installation directory, wherever you save it. The current.pro file is nothing but a file automatically saved to your working directory saving the current session config. You can actually delete it. In some cases a user might want variations of config options. In that case, a user might save variations of those configs under arbitrary names (name01.pro, name02.pro, etc.) and they can be loaded manually to the session from the Option dialog box.

Hi, you need put de adress of your config file in the correct line of congif.pro See this picture, it's in spanish but i hope that help you.

"Xavier Casademunt" wrote:

Hi, you need put the adress of your config file in the correct line of congif.pro See this picture, it's in spanish but i hope that help you.

In summary: 1. Add the "system_colors_file ..." line to your config.pro file. 2. You cannot get CURRENT.PRO to load automatically; the system won't recognize that file name for automatic loading. You can get the system to automatically load up to 4 config files: config.sup and config.pro from the text sub-directory of your "load point" and 2 more config.pro files, one each from your startup and home directories. Either rename your file to config.pro or use a mapkey to load CURRENT.PRO. Look at the Help files or recent Forum discussions about config files for more information.

Exactly what I perform manually each time and safe. But it does not load after automatically.

"David Butz" wrote:

In summary: 1. Add the "system_colors_file ..." line to your config.pro file. 2. You cannot get CURRENT.PRO to load automatically; the system won't recognize that file name for automatic loading. You can get the system to automatically load up to 4 config files: config.sup and config.pro from the text sub-directory of your "load point" and 2 more config.pro files, one each from your startup and home directories. Either rename your file to config.pro or use a mapkey to load CURRENT.PRO. Look at the Help files or recent Forum discussions about config files for more information.

"David Butz" wrote:

In summary: Look at the Help files or recent Forum discussions about config files for more information.

See the following from the Help files: file:///C:/proeWildfire%203.0/html/usascii/proe/fundamentals/fund_five_sub/about_configuration_files.htm You can also find this by going to through the Help menu to Pro/ENGINEER Fundamentals--Pro/ENGINEER Menus--The Tools Menu--Using Configuration Files

Also see this Forum thread: http://www.ptc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6618&highlight=

NO BODY KNOWS HOW SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ???????

The problem isn't the information you are being given it's that those trying to help can't see what you are doing to determine what the problem is. One thing you may need to check that I don't think was mentioned is to check the shortcut icon you use to start ProE. Since this a new installation it may be that what you think is the startup directory is not the directory ProE is starting in. Probably the easiest way to see that is start ProE and under the Folder Browser tab select Working Directory to see were ProE is starting. If you have placed the config.pro, config.win, and *.scl in that directory you should see them listed.

"Kevin Demarco" wrote:

The problem isn't the information you are being given it's that those trying to help can't see what you are doing to determine what the problem is....... If you have placed the config.pro, config.win, and *.scl in that directory you should see them listed.

Rename current_session.pro to config.pro For the config file to be loaded automatically, it must have the name config.pro

"Hatim Abdul" wrote:

Rename current_session.pro to config.pro For the config file to be loaded automatically, it must have the name config.pro

Maybe we don't understand exactly what your problem is. The system will not load anything but config.sup and config.pro files automatically, if that's what you are still trying to do.

Sorry, I didn't notice page 2 of the thread; glad your question was finally answered for you.

All your config files should reside in: \&loadpoint\proeWildfire X.X\text\ The software looks here first. All others should be deleted.
Top Tags