cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Config.pro option to change color of export to DWG's

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Config.pro option to change color of export to DWG's

Last year I added a config.pro option below which allowed .dwg file to be black & white (WF5).

intf2d_out_dxf_mapping_file   (Directory path to dxf_export.pro)

We are now switching to Creo 4.0 and it is back to the color of the drawing on the screen (Yellow with white [black on the scree] background. Very hard to see on a file viewer.

I could not find that config option while searching Creo 4.0 options. Does anyone have a suggestion for another one?

Thanks, Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

Last year I added a config.pro option below which allowed .dwg file to be black & white (WF5).

I found my error - instead of directory path to dxf_export.pro is needs to be directory_path/folder/subfolder/dxf_export.pro

Since I had forgot to add the filename to the end of the path, it wasn't finding the file.

** So confusing as to when to point to the directory and when to point to the file  🙂

Thanks Martin for all you help in this!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Hi,

I found INTF2D_OUT_DXF_MAPPING_FILE option in E:\PTC\Creo4_M060\Creo 4.0\M060\Common Files\text\config.cdb file. It seems to me that the option must work. Maybe you have to add it manually into config.pro.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

I had added it to the manually to the config.pro. Do you know what file it is looking for? I have a file: "dxf_export.pro" that looks like a pen table with all values set at "7".

Hi,

let me explain following line extracted from E:\PTC\Creo4_M060\Creo 4.0\M060\Common Files\text\intf_configs\dxf_export.pro

map_color       GEOMETRY_COLOR            7

This line tells that visible geometry edges (GEOMETRY_COLOR in Creo) will get Autocad color no. 7 (white) in DWG/DXF.

You can see Autocad color numbers on web page http://sub-atomic.com/~moses/acadcolors.html.

I guess that in dxf_export.pro you can also use color names (eg. yellow, white, ...) or RGB values instead of numbers.

map_color       GEOMETRY_COLOR            7

map_color       GEOMETRY_COLOR            White

map_color       GEOMETRY_COLOR            255,255,255

Therefore the above lines have the same meaning.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

This is my dxf_export.pro:

dxf_export.JPG

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

This is my dxf_export.pro:

dxf_export.JPG

This means that in AUTOCAD all entities are displayed as White.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Which typically when there is a white background, they all show up black. Currently the .dwg's are showing up with the blue-black background, white objects lines, and yellow dimensions instead of everything black on a white background.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I changed everything to "1" - red. But nothing changed with the output so either the config setting is not working, or it is looking for another file.

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

I changed everything to "1" - red. But nothing changed with the output so either the config setting is not working, or it is looking for another file.

Hi,

1.] I copied E:\PTC\Creo4_M060\Creo 4.0\M060\Common Files\text\intf_configs\dxf_export.pro into my working directory

2.] I added following option into config.pro

INTF2D_OUT_DXF_MAPPING_FILE D:\users\mh\creo4_parametric\dxf_export.pro

3.] I put following line into my dxf_export.pro

map_color       GEOMETRY_COLOR            Green

4.] I launched CR4 M060, opened a drawing and exported it to DWG

5.] I opened DWG file in Draftsight ... geometry license are green, now.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I can do some testing for you ... if you provide detailed description of your steps.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Martin,

Attached is the syscol file that we are using. The dxf_eport file. We are also exporting to dwg version 14.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I cannot get the syscol.scl file to attach - I get an error message.

I also tried "white" instead of "7" to no avail.

Here are the two export windows:

WF5_EXP.JPGCreo4_exp.JPG

Creo 5 does not have the UNICODE encoding. Does that make a difference?

Hi,

1.] to upload syscol.scl pack it into zip file and upload this zip file

2.] I used your dxf_export.pro successfully ... In Draftsight I can see white entites on black background

3.] I guess that UNICODE coding is not available because you set Autocad version 14 for output

Martin Hanák

UNICODE coding problem ...

In Creo 3.0 I can see this option.

In Creo 4.0 this option is not available. Please ask PTC Support for explanation.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

syscol.scl file attached.

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

syscol.scl file attached.

With your syscol and def_export files resulting DWG file contains white entities, only.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Exporting to R14?

Sure 🙂

See attachment.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Do you have a def_profile.dep_dwg file?

I clicked on the options box after the file type (.dwg) & then clicked on Load Profile and it was looking for that file?

Hi,

I am sorry I do not understand what you are doing.

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

There are (2) different ways of creating a .dwg file and I was trying to figure out if they were paths to the same output.

1. File-SaveAs-Save A Copy (select dwg for file type)

2. File-SaveAs-Export (select dwg)

If you click on Setting when exporting it pops up the same window when you do Save A Copy - the 4th tab is properties - here is where I need it to change everything to white. Can it read in a file to do this?

dwg_exp_prop.JPG

I tested and if I click on everyone and change to white the viewer will show a DWG with a white background and black text.

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

As for the def_profile.dep_dwg, it comes from:

Save As: (then selecting DWG for the type)

save_as_dwg.JPG

Then clicking on the Options... box after DWG: (DWG Export Profile Setting)

dxf_ex_set.JPG

Then click on Load Profile... box (to get the file name it is looking for def_profile.dpe_dwg)

def_profile.JPG

That is why I was asking about that file name.

Thanks,

Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Should be Croe 4 (not 5)

Hi

could you tell me the numbers 1 to 9 which color correspond to?
Best Regards

@Roberto31289 wrote:

Hi

could you tell me the numbers 1 to 9 which color correspond to?
Best Regards

Hi,

see attachment.

Martin Hanák

See also http://gohtx.com/acadcolors.php 

Martin Hanák

Thank you very much

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

I found my error - instead of directory path to dxf_export.pro is needs to be directory_path/folder/subfolder/dxf_export.pro

Since I had forgot to add the filename to the end of the path, it wasn't finding the file.

** So confusing as to when to point to the directory and when to point to the file  🙂

Thanks Martin for all you help in this!

Top Tags