cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Creating Creo Start Parts - Parameters in New File Options Dialog

Phillip1
11-Garnet

Creating Creo Start Parts - Parameters in New File Options Dialog

I am in the process of creating new Creo Parametric start parts and have a question. When these parts are used, when creating a new part, the New  File Options dialog displays some parameters, but doesn't include all the parameters in the start part. 

What I am trying to figure out is how to determine which parameters are displayed and which ones are not. In the attachment, only about 25% of the total parameters are being displayed. My goal is to limit which parameters are shown and what order they are displayed in. 

I am using Creo Parametric 8.0.1.0

Phillip1_0-1717778600417.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Phillip1)

I am guessing that you are using Windchill with Creo. Those are the parameters that you have designated in Creo to be uploaded to Windchill.

As we use ModelCheck, too, we have a bunch of MC parameters that get uploaded to Windchill and show up in the list of parameters. Since we only have a single start_part file and 'use default template' is checked, the parameters don't show up for our users.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Phillip1)

I am guessing that you are using Windchill with Creo. Those are the parameters that you have designated in Creo to be uploaded to Windchill.

As we use ModelCheck, too, we have a bunch of MC parameters that get uploaded to Windchill and show up in the list of parameters. Since we only have a single start_part file and 'use default template' is checked, the parameters don't show up for our users.

Thank you for the quick response. I didn't realize the designated parameters controls that. Kudos!!

Top Tags