cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo 1.0 Simulate Bonded Analysis Issues

DamianCastillo
1-Newbie

Creo 1.0 Simulate Bonded Analysis Issues

We are having an issue with running Bonded Analysis in Creo Simulate. When we run a non-linear contact analysis, it says we do not have the engine to run it. The same exact license file will run the analysis on WF5.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Damian,

I think you are running into SPR 2101024 (case 10561737). In WF 5.0, contact analyses are allowed under a Mechanica Basic license, while all other nonlinear analysis types require an Advanced license. In Creo 1.0, contact was inadvertently included in Advanced. The problem is corrected in Creo 1.0 M030, which is due to ship on 2/22/2012. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Stephen,

Thanks for the update.

This poses a serious issue for us because all our designs require analysis and I have the entire Engineering department running Creo 1.0 M020. Was this communicated to the customers clearly? I sure did not know about it and my VAR never mentioned an issue with us moving to Creo 1.0 M020.

Is there a way to open Creo parts and assemblies in WF5 in order to perform the analysis we need?

Damian,

The issue was only discovered recently, and I don't think any TAN has been posted yet (I'll follow up on that). Once a part/assembly has been saved in Creo 1, you won't be able to open it in WF5. One solution, if you have already created a lot of data in Creo 1 and can't revert to WF5 until M030 is available, would be for you to get time-limited copies of the Advanced license option, set to expire when M030 is available in two months. I'm not sure if this is possible or what the mechanism is, but please contact your VAR and explain the situation to them.

Stephen,

We are not able to run important analysis on current products. How can I get an advanced option active while waiting for Build M030?

Top Tags