cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

*.bat is not a valid Win32 application.

ptc-886955
1-Newbie

*.bat is not a valid Win32 application.

I use a simple batch file to set the PTC_WF_ROOT.

@echo off
set PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\Users\mpinkney.TRT\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf
"C:\PTC\proeWildfire 4.0\bin\proe.exe" "C:\PTC\proeWildfire 4.0\bin\proe1.psf" %*

Now Windows 7 (64 bit) does not recognize *.bat files. I opens them in notepad. Anyone know how to associate *.bat files with Windows Batch Files?

Thanks,

Mike Pinkney

Triple Ring Technologies

39655 Eureka Drive

Newark, CA. 94560-4806

V: 510-592-3000 x 144

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Bat files work on my win7 64bit.

Could it be the User Access Control is not letting you run it?

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts and set it to Never Notify.

David Haigh

In Reply to Mike Pinkney:

Thanks everyone. It's working. Mike Phillips helped me out. I edited the registry and deleted the key.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.bat

I use a simple batch file to set the PTC_WF_ROOT.

@echo off
set PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\Users\mpinkney.TRT\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf
"C:\PTC\proeWildfire 4.0\bin\proe.exe" "C:\PTC\proeWildfire 4.0\bin\proe1.psf" %*

Now Windows 7 (64 bit) does not recognize *.bat files. I opens them in notepad. Anyone know how to associate *.bat files with Windows Batch Files?

Thanks,

Mike Pinkney

Triple Ring Technologies

39655 Eureka Drive

Newark, CA. 94560-4806

V: 510-592-3000 x 144

Top Tags