cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 10 files have wrong owner??

MA_1242236
1-Newbie

Creo 10 files have wrong owner??

We just recently updated to CREO 10 (10.0.2.0) and found something interesting.  when we save our models, some are being saved with the wrong owner.  We were on CREO 6 and this didnt seem to be an issue at all.  We have our file versions turned on.

For example, we have a part named stud_end_locking.prt.82 with owner as "XXXXXXXX" saved on 5/18/2023.  Today, user "YYYYYYYY" saved stud_end_locking.prt.83 and the owner is displaying as "ZZZZZZZZ"

If I save an assembly with say 15 different parts, some of the new versions that save will have my user name as the owner and some will have other user names as the owner, even though that other owner hasn't even been in CREO parametric.  today I saved a part and a new version was created with the owner of someone who left the company over 6 months ago.

in the screenshot, i saved .82 and today i saved .83, but as you can see, the owner is not me.  The owner of .83 is someone who left the company over 6 months ago.

I hope someone else has had this issue with a solution.

Thank you!!!

2 REPLIES 2

Are you using Windchill and if so, what version?

We are not using WindChill

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags