cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 Won't start or run

ptc-5497149
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 Won't start or run

Hi guys

After blowing my pc and reinstalled Windows 7 home i can´t get Creo 2.0 to work.

The installation work like its suppose to and there were no indications of problem.

When i try to start Creo (anyone of them) the system dosent react at all. I get the windows "thinking" circle beside the mouse icon then nothing happens.

I can't see anything in the taskmaneger system info either.

Do i need to install creo one the same harddrive as Windows?

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, same problem

I have tried uninstalling the cuality agent but still the same problem.

Tried to run as administratior both shortcuts and from installation folder.

I'm using a schoollicens provided by me university.

The pc is: Windows 7 home, 16gb ram, 3770k processor and SLI gtx580 cards, 2x128gb Raid 0 disks.

And one more thing, Creo did run with no problem before i blew the pc.

Does anyone have any idea what maybe the problem?

Have some work that is due in a couple of days so im starting to panic!

/Marcus

3 REPLIES 3

Hello and welcome to the forum!

• When you say you blew your PC, did hardware die or did you reinstall windows 7? Have you swapped out a motherboard or network card?
  • Did you install the drivers for network card/motherboard? Does device manager show any problems with any devices on your system?
  • If your license is locked to your MAC address make sure that you don't have other network cards that Creo may be trying to use the MAC address for (i.e. dual LAN or wifi) as opposed to what is in the license.
  • Did you do a clean install of the OS or did you upgrade over top of the old one?
  • What are you using to start Creo...shortcut icon, etc.?

Hi Eric, and thank you.

There was no problem with the system, i just upgraded my pc from a singel 128 gb SSD to two drives in raid 0. So no other parts have been changed, Everything elese is just the same as before when Creo did work.

My divice manager dosent show any problems.

After i formatted the old disk I configured the old one and the new one to raid 0 and made a clean installation with a purchased Windows 7 home. All drivers for the motherboard is downloaded from MSI and i don't use any beta drivers.

I tried to open creo both from the shortcuts made by the installation and from the Instalattion folder. I get no response from either place.

Can Creo be a bit delicate to where i install the program? Currently i dont have Creo installed on the same harddrive as Windows, can this be a problem?

Best regards

Marcus

Marcus Johansson wrote:

Can Creo be a bit delicate to where i install the program? Currently i dont have Creo installed on the same harddrive as Windows, can this be a problem?

Best regards

Marcus

I'd say not, because I always install ProE/Creo on different partition than Windows and never had problems with it. You should check Event Viewer in Windows for any error messages regarding parametric.exe or xtop.exe.

Top Tags