cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo 3.0 Performance

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Creo 3.0 Performance

Is it just me or does Creo 3.0 take longer to Check In/Out and Upload than Creo 2.0 did? We went from Creo 2.0 M090 to Creo 3.0 M090, and it definitely works harder to communicate with Windchill. Our Windchill server is currently on 10.0 M030, we are already looking at upgrading it, but are there any config changes that need made between 2.0 and 3.0 that I possibly missed?

It's a company wide, multiple location, speed issue that definitely came about after upgrading to 3.0. Just looking for ideas that maybe I don't know about until we can get Windchill up to date.

Thanks,

Erik

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

4 REPLIES 4
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ErikZabokrtsky)

Have you compared file sizes?  There were some changes made to shade quality that can cause much larger files to be created if the setting is cranked up.

I just went back compared 15-20 of them and they are either close to the same size or even smaller. One assembly that the engineer's have been working with is 348KB and it takes just shy of a minute and a half to check it in now. It was 339KB when we had Creo 2 and never took any where near that, don't have exact time to compare to but know they didn't wait that long.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ErikZabokrtsky)

Good to know.  Do you have the PTC System Monitor installed?  I wonder if maybe you could use Fiddler or Wireshark and compare the traffic during a check in from each version...

Hi,

according to http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/124498/en/PTCWindchillCreoSWCompatibility10x_92515.pdf Creo 3.0 is not compatible with WCH 10.0

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags