cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 3.0 mapkey/ribbon issues

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Creo 3.0 mapkey/ribbon issues

We recently upgraded to creo 3.0 m060 from creo 2.0.

One problem we are facing is that some mapkeys added to the ribbon stopped working.

The mapkeys work if we type the text on the keyboard, but adding them to the ribbon nothing happens. The buttons don´t do anything.

What the mapkeys do is open a config file and open a file.

This only happens in two computers. The others works fine.

Anyone experienced this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:Jose_Costa)

Rebuilding a new ribbon from the scratch in Creo 3 has solved the problem.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Jose,

This is such an open question because we have no knowledge of your set-up configurations so with what little was offered, I suggest to see if the two computers share the exact same .ui and .pro files as the other ones that do work. Make sure that any local/user created .ui and .pro files are nullified.

ron

Sorry, I forgot to mention that all the computers use the same .ui and .pro files.

Jose,

can you publish problematic mapkeys ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Sure,

See attached files.

Mold.pro is a configuration file loaded by the mapkeys.

Jose,

I opened problematic_mapkeys.pro and found these mapkeys:

lingua

lingua1

lingua2

omfg

Note 1

I think that user is not able to launch lingua1 or lingua2. Creo can launch lingua, only. Suggestion: rename lingua to lingua0.

Note 2

mold.pro must be present in current working directory. Is this rule fulfilled ?

Note 3

mold.pro when edited improperly can get double extension mold.pro.txt. Such file can be seen in Windows Explorer as mold.pro. This can cause confision.

Note 4

I can test your files later.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin, for all your insights.

I renamed mapkey lingua  to lingua0 created a new icon and problem remains. Clicking on the button, nothing happens, but calling the mapkey from from keyboard it works fine.

Note 3 and 4 I checked and are fulfilled.

I'm convinced that the ribbon file .ui has been corrupted somehow or has to be recreated in 3.0. Through  the day I detected that others mapkeys don't work from the ribbon.

Strange that this happens equally in two computers and the others six show no problems...

Tomorrow I gonna test starting creo with no config and the default .ui file, then add the mapkeys and create a new ribbon from the beginning. Let's see how it works.

If this doesn't work maybe a format C: solve the problem.

Thanks again.

Jose

All of them work for me on Creo 3.0 M010. Just make sure you rename the "lingua" mapkey to "lingua0" as suggested by Martin, then remove and reassign the icons on ribbon menu.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:James62)

Thanks for testing. The problem doesn't seem to be in the mapkeys. I gonna check the the ribbon file.

Jose

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

same happened to me and what ended up fixing mine was deleting the config.win out of my working directory.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Rebuilding a new ribbon from the scratch in Creo 3 has solved the problem.

Top Tags