We recently upgraded to creo 3.0 m060 from creo 2.0.
One problem we are facing is that some mapkeys added to the ribbon stopped working.
The mapkeys work if we type the text on the keyboard, but adding them to the ribbon nothing happens. The buttons don´t do anything.
What the mapkeys do is open a config file and open a file.
This only happens in two computers. The others works fine.
Anyone experienced this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
This is such an open question because we have no knowledge of your set-up configurations so with what little was offered, I suggest to see if the two computers share the exact same .ui and .pro files as the other ones that do work. Make sure that any local/user created .ui and .pro files are nullified.
I opened problematic_mapkeys.pro and found these mapkeys:
I think that user is not able to launch lingua1 or lingua2. Creo can launch lingua, only. Suggestion: rename lingua to lingua0.
mold.pro must be present in current working directory. Is this rule fulfilled ?
mold.pro when edited improperly can get double extension mold.pro.txt. Such file can be seen in Windows Explorer as mold.pro. This can cause confision.
I can test your files later.
Thanks Martin, for all your insights.
I renamed mapkey lingua to lingua0 created a new icon and problem remains. Clicking on the button, nothing happens, but calling the mapkey from from keyboard it works fine.
Note 3 and 4 I checked and are fulfilled.
I'm convinced that the ribbon file .ui has been corrupted somehow or has to be recreated in 3.0. Through the day I detected that others mapkeys don't work from the ribbon.
Strange that this happens equally in two computers and the others six show no problems...
Tomorrow I gonna test starting creo with no config and the default .ui file, then add the mapkeys and create a new ribbon from the beginning. Let's see how it works.
If this doesn't work maybe a format C: solve the problem.
All of them work for me on Creo 3.0 M010. Just make sure you rename the "lingua" mapkey to "lingua0" as suggested by Martin, then remove and reassign the icons on ribbon menu.