cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo 3 Mouse Wheel Zoom Not Working

sducotey
1-Newbie

Creo 3 Mouse Wheel Zoom Not Working

I've been using a Logitech Performance MX for several years with Creo 2 with no problems. We've recently installed Creo 3 and now I can not zoom in or out with the mouse scroll wheel. This same problem is occuring on a Windows 7 machine and on a Windows 8.1 machine.

Anybody else experencing this problem? Thanks for any help.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Thinking that you may have the mouse settings set to be program dependent.

Have you tried setting the mouse settings to middle mouse?

I had to do it in Creo 2 and would expect to have to do it again when we move to creo 3.

Just a thought.

Don Anderson

Don,

Thanks for the reply. I've confirmed that no custom settings are being used for any applications including Creo. The same mouse works great with Creo 2 but not Creo 3. And, this problem is happening on two different machines.

I have the same mouse and the K350 keyboard. The middle wheel wasn't entirely not working, but it was laggy, slow, and unresponsive.

I keep it plugged in and the desk surface free of dust and dirt and the laser sensor area clean. I haven't noticed anymore problems, but I also use a 3D space mouse now for moving models around.

It could also just be defective hardware. I went through two or three of these before I got one that worked well enough. The keyboard still flakes out on me now and then and won't type.

I just installed Creo 3.0 M020 this morning and can confirm that the mouse wheel doesn't work. Also the right click doesn't work either. The middle click and left button seem to still work.

All the mouse buttons work fine in M010.

Odd – I am running Creo 3.0 M020 and the mouse wheel is working normally. Standard HP mouse.

Bill Chapman
Email: -<">mailto:->
Tel: 708-496-3100 | Cell: 708-205-5705

[cid:image001.jpg@01D02FE2.65D3FB50]

I guess I have not been following all that I should. I just launched 3.0 M020 and all my mouse functions are working with my mouse. Right click, middle click, left click, mouse wheel all seem to be working just fine. I did not update any drivers. I run WF4, WF5, Creo 2.0 M120 and Creo 3.0 M020 all on the same computer and everything is working as expected.

Ronald B. Grabau
HP PDE-IT
Roseville, CA
916-540-3074
-<">mailto:->

rgodfrey
4-Participant
(To:sducotey)

I had same problem when going from Creo 3.0 F000 to Creo 3.0 M020. It was due to config.pro option

set_trail_single_step yes

If you are not using this, then maybe it is another setting. Try starting Creo without your config.pro and see if that effects your mouse.

In Reply to Steven Ducotey:

I've been using a Logitech Performance MX for several years with Creo 2 with no problems. We've recently installed Creo 3 and now I can not zoom in or out with the mouse scroll wheel. This same problem is occuring on a Windows 7 machine and on a Windows 8.1 machine.

Anybody else experencing this problem? Thanks for any help.

The problem was due to config.pro entry:

If it's set to YES then this particular mouse will have a problem. When set to NO, everything works, at least for me.

Thanks to Mike Swartz of PTC for helping me out with this one.

Top Tags