cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 4 lags every 60 minutes

AJ_TROGLIO
10-Marble

Creo 4 lags every 60 minutes

I'm working w/ Creo 4.0 M150 thru a remote site VPN connection.  Models are coming out of Windchill.  Every 60 minutes, almost w/o fail,  there is a lag in the rotation of models on the screen. The only way to recover is to restart Creo.  However, from some testing, I've found that if I disconnect the network line or turn off wifi (if I'm using it), the lag will immediately disappear and everything is back to normal.  Reconnect the network and the lags reappears.  This issue does not appear when I'm at my desk, off the VPN.

I've tried working w/ an offline connection to Windchill and that does not help.  I can't see any process going rogue and the network doesn't seem to be saturated either.  

I've updated Nvidia drivers and all updates have been applied to this Dell 7760 laptop running Windows 10.  It's quite frustrating.  I know we are woefully out of date w/ our Creo install so any help appreciated.

Thanks.

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Hunter Engineering Company
Creo 4 M150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The cause of this issue has been found.  In our config.sup file we had the following option;

trail_dir u:\creo\trail_files

However, the U: drive is a mapped drive existing on some server.   I pointed the option at a folder local to the machine and the issue has yet to raise its head. 

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Creo 4 M150

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:AJ_TROGLIO)

Check the contents of the std.out file in your working directory.  Does it show anything about losing a connection to the license server?

TomU_0-1667319331230.png

AJ_TROGLIO
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

@TomU 

std.out contents below.  What does it all mean and how to remedy?

Connection restored with License Server(s) 1
Connection restored with License Server(s) 2
Connection restored with License Server(s) 3
Connection restored with License Server(s) 4
Connection restored with License Server(s) 5
Connection restored with License Server(s) 6
Connection restored with License Server(s) 7
Connection restored with License Server(s) 8
Connection restored with License Server(s) 9
Connection restored with License Server(s) 10
Connection restored with License Server(s) 11
Warning Licensing error: Excessive reconnection with License server(s), detected.
Connection restored with License Server(s) 12
Warning Licensing error: Excessive reconnection with License server(s), detected.
Connection restored with License Server(s) 13
Connection restored with License Server(s) 14
Connection restored with License Server(s) 15

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Creo 4 M150
TomU
23-Emerald IV

There is some kind of loss of communication between Creo and the license server.  Are you able to borrow a license, even for just 1 day at at time? 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs149103

TomU_0-1667320737580.png

AJ_TROGLIO
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

Wondering if you had any more ideas on this issue.  We made changes to the ptc.opt file as outlined in this document

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS129912

We moved from 7200 seconds out to 14,400 seconds and this did not fix my issue. 

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Creo 4 M150
TomU
23-Emerald IV

I don't.  It would probably be a good idea to open a support case with PTC technical support.

https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

The cause of this issue has been found.  In our config.sup file we had the following option;

trail_dir u:\creo\trail_files

However, the U: drive is a mapped drive existing on some server.   I pointed the option at a folder local to the machine and the issue has yet to raise its head. 

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Creo 4 M150
Top Tags