cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 8.0.3 stopped functioning & will not reinstall

WeirdWasatch
4-Participant

Creo 8.0.3 stopped functioning & will not reinstall

Creo 8.0.3 stopped functioning a few days ago. Nothing happens when the executable is run, either by clicking on it or running via command prompt. I was able to uninstall Creo, but the installation executable also will not run. Nothing happens in either case, no error messages or warnings. This is on a Surface Studio, with an Nvidia RTXA2000 running Win11.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, solved this by reinstalling 8.0.0 from the ground up starting with the Flex server.

Copying in the program directory from 8.0.3 on a Win 10 virtual machine appears to work with some quirkiness.  Something with the DLL files doesn't play well with Win11 and the Flex server on 8.0.3 (I am guessing anyway).  Even after stepping back to version 8.0.0 the 8.03 setup.exe file won't run.

Didn't want to step back to Win10, there are some workflows in Win11 Pro that I like. 

Staying on Creo8.0.0 for now. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Probably also worth noting that other PTC products are running, like schematics or Mathcad.  No other programs on the laptop appear to have functional issues in the same timeframe.

Hi,

1.)

If you did not uninstall, you could try a configuration option graphics win32_gdi

2.)

You must unzip installation zip file into new empty directory, eg. C:\PTC\CR8

Path to setup.exe must not contain spaces and national characters.

3.)

Check Event Viewer records for errors related to xtop.exe, parametric.exe, setup.exe

Martin Hanák

Thank you Martin.

1. - Unfortunately, I already uninstalled and can not reinstall successfully.

2. - Confirm that I have done this.  Also worth noting that I successfully installed this Creo version 2 months ago and have used the program with no issues until a couple days ago.

3 - Event viewer does show an application error with setup.exe.  baselibmt.dll has a fault.  Looking back to earlier this evening, the same module appeared to be causing issue with pim_re.exe when starting Creo.  A snippet of the application error below.

Description:
Faulting application name: setup.exe_Creo, version: 36.0.2021.403, time stamp: 0x61a0bcb2
Faulting module name: baselibmt.dll, version: 36.0.2021.403, time stamp: 0x61a08565

Hi,

unfortunately Windows 11 is not supported OS at the moment, therefore you cannot ask PTC Support to resolve your problem ...

My last idea ... install Creo on different computer and copy installation directory to your computer. Then you can test option no.1.

Martin Hanák
rghadge
15-Moonstone
(To:WeirdWasatch)

@WeirdWasatch,

Windows 11 OS is not yet supported for Creo Parametric.

As suggested by Martin, try installing Creo on some other machine for e.g. Windows 10 and then, copy paste installed files to your machine and see if it helps to launch Creo Parametric.

sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:rghadge)

Hello @WeirdWasatch 

This is a challending environment (even though was working before uninstall and attempt to reinstall) for the following reasons:

• Surface Studio is not a supported device (not listed in the By Partner section of PTC Platfrom Support Page)
  • Windows 11 is not yet supported in latest Creo Parametric versions (officially confirmed in article 348041)

Let me anyway try to share some guidance, based on baselibmt.dll error mentioned earlier in this post, and listed in Windows Event Viewer

==> Refer to article 67080 for three possible options (documented in resoluton field) which may help to get rid from this (without guarantee of success, because we're here in an supported scope, and no materail therefore even in PTC to help in the troubleshooting process while being in unsupported environments)

Regards,

Serge

Thanks for the recommendations, folks.  I suspect it may be a Windows 11 problem, will investigate more tonight and report back.  Understand the support environment being a tough one without strictly approved OS or device.  Worst case, I'll downgrade Windows.... but not without a fight, ha!

Re:  Surface Studio: I've been running Solidworks, Creo, Ansys, Photoshop, Labview - etc.  All running with flying colors (with Creo crapping out now, at least....)  Not as powerful as the Dell Precision I had previously (better processor), but I do find the build quality, form factor, etc on this Surface to be superior in almost every way.  For what it's worth, it does have a PTC approved, legit Nvidia graphics card.  For an engineer on the go a lot of time, I wouldn't trade it for anything now 🙂

rghadge
15-Moonstone
(To:WeirdWasatch)

@WeirdWasatch

Sure, let know here if downgrading to Windows 10 OS helps or not.

OK, solved this by reinstalling 8.0.0 from the ground up starting with the Flex server.

Copying in the program directory from 8.0.3 on a Win 10 virtual machine appears to work with some quirkiness.  Something with the DLL files doesn't play well with Win11 and the Flex server on 8.0.3 (I am guessing anyway).  Even after stepping back to version 8.0.0 the 8.03 setup.exe file won't run.

Didn't want to step back to Win10, there are some workflows in Win11 Pro that I like. 

Staying on Creo8.0.0 for now. 

Hello @WeirdWasatch 

Thanks a lot to have shared your "path to resoluion". As a general rulke, when copy-paste of install folder is useless, it's always good to try a "fresh installation from scratch" on the impacted machine.

Replying also to you here, in order to share another information which will be probably interesting for you. We just learned this morning in PTC TS that Creo Hardware Notes is planned to be updated later today to reflect Windows 11 support for Creo 7.0.7.0 & Creo 8.0.3.0 and higher. Not an official info in this community, but sharing this information in advance anyway for your awareness.

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags