cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo Parametric 2.0 in Vista?

ptc-5140528
1-Newbie

Creo Parametric 2.0 in Vista?

I notice in the system requirements it jumps from Windows XP to Windows 7. Can I not run the 30 day trial on my Windows Vista Computer?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Joshua,

I think Creo will run on Windows Vista.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

When attempting to start Creo Parametric, there's a small screen which says "message" in it and an "Ok" box, but it disappears quickly and nothing else happens. I figured it was because I was running Windows Vista. Any ideas on what would have caused this?

Joshua,

can you upload the screenshot of that message ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

It only shows for a fraction of a second, and I haven't been able to catch it. I tryed opening creo a few times to get a good idea of what I see in that moment: in the tray along the bottom of the screen it momentarily shows a window called "Message," the approx 1 inch window has the header "message," there's a white exclamation point in a orange safety triangle at the left top of the box, right top says "message," and across the bottom it has an "okay" button. I'm not hitting anything that would select the okay, it just goes away.

Joshua,

I am sorry I have no idea what is going on .

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
gchadwick
4-Participant
(To:ptc-5140528)

Am running Creo 2 on a toshiba laptop with vista business... with no problems.

Do you have full admin access too your computer or are you a standard user? i have found that sometimes vista blocks programs processes. try right clicking on the creo parametric icon and choose run as administrator and see if that helps. other than that i'd suggest reinstalling using the run as administrator and make sure your antivirus is disabled or set to ignore creo during install.

hope any of this helps gd luck

Gary

Top Tags