cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo license backward compatible?

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Creo license backward compatible?

Hello,

We are interested in doing a bit of testing with Creo, prior to a division-wide update. If the license server is updated to allow Creo to run, will our older versions of Wildfire (i.e. 5.0) still be able to obtain a license? Or is the license configuration so different that this is not possible?

Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken,

if your license file contains Creo 1.0 licenses (eg. INCREMENT PROE_FoundationAdv ptc_d 32.0 permanent 1 ...), then you can install and use ProE WF5, WF4, WF3, WF2, WF1.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Ken...

At my company we were running Creo Elements Pro/WF5 and have been able to install and run Creo 1.0 without requesting a new license pack. From this experience I can tell you it's certainly possible to run both pieces of software from the same license pack. However... it's possible we received a license pack from PTC that had license options for both and this is why we haven't had problems.

I'd say contact your PTC sales rep or VAR. They should be able to give you a license pack that provides the ability to run both versions without a problem. But perhaps the fastest way to see if you need to go this route is to simply install Creo 1.0, configure it through the setup utility, point it at your current license server, and attempt to launch it.

Be aware that you will not be able to register your Windchill server on Creo 1.0 while maintaining the same server registration in Creo Elements/Pro WF5. If this is confusing, I can explain further but it may not be an issue for you.

Thanks!

-Brian

Ken,

if your license file contains Creo 1.0 licenses (eg. INCREMENT PROE_FoundationAdv ptc_d 32.0 permanent 1 ...), then you can install and use ProE WF5, WF4, WF3, WF2, WF1.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags