cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo running slowly on Dell XPS 15

euhlmann
1-Newbie

Creo running slowly on Dell XPS 15

I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 (4k screen) and when I open the 2017 FRC field or other large models, Creo runs slowly. Specifically, rotating, translating, and zooming run at 2-3 fps. My laptop has both an Intel graphics 530 and an Nvidia GTX 960M. Creo is running with DPI scaling enabled in Windows compatibility settings (so it's running at less than 4k, though running Creo at 4k makes no difference). I have tried explicitly setting Creo to use the Nvidia GPU and the Intel GPU in my Nvidia control panel (restarting Creo both times) and I get exactly the same performance, even though it's clear through HWMonitor that the settings are in effect. Creo display options are default (I just installed Creo Parametric M110 today, but this was happening on M070 too). When using the Nvidia GPU, utilization is around 15%. Is there some setting in Creo that may be causing this?

2 REPLIES 2
udyna
4-Participant
(To:euhlmann)

Intel graphics 530 and an Nvidia GTX 960M is NOT supported by Creo.

Creo only support NVIDIA Quadro series and AMD FirePro series, you can find a cerified/supported graphics card list from http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/171727/en/dell_creo4.pdf

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:euhlmann)

Graphics card driver would be my first thought. You may want to update to the latest driver.

There is an option to try to see if graphics are the problem, do the following:

With Creo closed:

locate config.pro file, open it in a text editor (notepad or other) and add graphics win32_gdi at the end.

Start creo. If it is running better, it's definitely a graphics issue. 

Top Tags