cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo termination warning despite no files in session

EdvinTailwind
12-Amethyst

Creo termination warning despite no files in session

Using Creo 7.0.5.0.

As Creo use this Session type of environment and never warns you about closing a single file due to unsaved changes I'm more or less saving all the time (afraid of loosing stuff in case of a crash). This leads to creating a lot of duplicates of the same files (or miniscule differences). It only warns when the session/program as a whole is closed, and then you better be sure you saved everything that you closed previously....

Then I realised this:

- Even if I open A FRESH instance of Creo, and open NO files, does no changes to any settings or similar and then close down: CREO STILL WARNS about closing the session and loosing unsaved work. This means the warning is just a dummy prompt that has absolutely no clue of if the files have been saved or not. I'm sorry to say this, but HOW ON EARTH can such a high end software be this.... st_pid?!  Even Notepad can detect changes properly.... 

I've searched for other threads and ideas about this, but nothing found. Please tell me this is a new found bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Config.pro option: Prompt_on_exit

Default is No

Determines if you are prompted to save objects when exiting a Creo Parametric session

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Config.pro option: Prompt_on_exit

Default is No

Determines if you are prompted to save objects when exiting a Creo Parametric session

I already have the default no* value (see image), so obviously something is wrong.

However, that is an interesting option (if it worked...), as that would leave you without any Save control at all. 

EdvinTailwind_0-1670395276018.png

I think you misunderstood Ben. The prompt_on_exit option has "no" as default value which means you won't be prompted to save unsaved changes to models in session, so it's nothing wrong here. You need to change the value to "yes" and then Creo will prompt you to save every modified (and unsaved) model before closing the Creo session.

Indeed I did. Thanks for pointing it out. 

I changed to Yes and now any changed files are asked to be saved (with those tiny prompts at the window top edge). 

EdvinTailwind_1-1670404182528.png

But, I still find it beyond amazing that this pops upp even though there are no files in the session:

EdvinTailwind_0-1670403933138.png

It just causes stress and uncertainty. 

@EdvinTailwind wrote:

Indeed I did. Thanks for pointing it out. 

I changed to Yes and now any changed files are asked to be saved (with those tiny prompts at the window top edge). 

EdvinTailwind_1-1670404182528.png

But, I still find it beyond amazing that this pops upp even though there are no files in the session:

EdvinTailwind_0-1670403933138.png

It just causes stress and uncertainty. 

Hi,
there are a million similar "errors" in Creo. Simply learn to live with them.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags