cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo universal code not working

ptc-4249921
1-Newbie

Creo universal code not working

One of my students working on the RWDC was trying to install the version of Creo that we are using this year. He uninstalled the old version and when he used the universal code that we were given this summer he got an error Rick%27s+screen+creo+error.pngThat is a screen shot of what he got. ( it is attached as well.) His sister is on another team and she is having a similar problem. Any suggestions?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Ann,

look into your picture and focus on the line containing PROE_Educ1 ... the line contains number 32.0. This number tells you that you can run Creo Parametric 1.0. If you want to run Creo Parametric 2.0, you have to replace your license file with the new one containing number 33.0.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Not sure how what you are talking about has to do with the universal code not working.

The first error line says so: Mismatch between software version and license.

Ann,

try to ask Creo administrator at school ...

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I am the person in charge of Creo at our school.

Ann,

I suggest you to contact your Creo vendor or PTC. I don't know how did your school get Creo licenses.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-4249921)

Ann,

The product code that was used during installation is not the universal product code for Creo 2.0. It is a Creo 1.0 product code which explains the error. I would recommend using the product code "BK390206EDSTUDENTEDK12".

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

He did what you said and still got the same error message. He even made sure that the anti-virus program were not running since that was the message we had for his sister

Top Tags