cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Dimensions and text move after replacing format

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Dimensions and text move after replacing format

In Creo 2 I have a mapkey combined with a batch file that removes formats on a drawing. It doesn't matter if it's one sheet or 20. Then I have the mapkey stop for the users at the point where they can select which format to use as a replacement.

I don't have it developed enough though to add the format the user selects to all sheets. The user has to manually add the format to each sheet in the Sheet Setup dialog box.

As you might suspect not all our drawings are the same size. In order to do this I created the mapkey to replace the existing format with a blank B size format temporarily. (Don't ask. There is a reason for this)

The problem that comes up is when a drawing that is a D size is replaced with a different sized format (In this case a B size blank sheet), then the new D size format is added, the dimensions on the second page move. They all move farther away from the model. Many of these drawings have plain text on the drawing that is shown over the model. The text is related to the view and the text moves too but the text moves whether it is related to the view or not.

Now for the really odd part. After the mapkey removes the formats I added a pause for the user to check that the formats were removed from all sheets. If the user doesn't change to the other sheets to check them then the dims and text move. However, if the user DOES switch sheets to check then the dims and text do NOT move. Huh?

I know I could just tell the user to check the other sheets. That's ok if there are only 2 or 3 sheets. But all the drawings created by our mfg engineers have many more sheets.

Does anyone know if there is something that fixes this phenomenon?

MovingTextAndDims.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Well, my co-worker found the answer. The mapkey had to use the Update Sheets command prior to adding the new formats.

Thank you Lawrence!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Well, my co-worker found the answer. The mapkey had to use the Update Sheets command prior to adding the new formats.

Thank you Lawrence!

Top Tags