cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Dimensions in drawing getting deleted after saving the file

ptc-6114737
1-Newbie

Dimensions in drawing getting deleted after saving the file

Hello everyone,

I have a problem regarding detailing in proe wildfire 5. I have created few drawings in proe with few annotations, updated layer status and given dimensions. When i save the drawing & close it & then if i go for erase not displayed and agian open the same drawing, except dimensions all other things are getting saved. All the dimensions are automatically getting deleted from the drawing. This is happening with all the drawings that i have created. Everything related to drawing is getting saved properly except dimensions. I have tried many solutions for this but nothing worked...Please give me the solution for this.....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

wrong forum, this is creo elements/direct

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Thanks Tom,

yes...it is creo elements/direct...but could you please suggest me the solution...because this problem exists for few drawings only...i have checked the config.pro file...initially everything looks perfect with config.pro file...i have even checked the layer status...the default layer for dimension is not hidden...

My guess is that you do not have the part checked out, or do not have write access to it. The default is that if a dimension is created in a drawing, the dimension is actually a "driven" dimension and is stored in the part file. If you can't get write access to the part, there is a config.pro setting "create_drawing_dims_only" and if you set it to "yes", then "drafted" dimensions are created that are saved with the .drw file.

Thanks Robert,

I have checked the config.pro file, but there is no such parameter in my config.pro file...will there be any other reason for this problem????

You need to add the create_drawing_dims_only line or else it will use the default which is that created dimensions are saved with the model. You didn't mention if you have write access to the part. If you have write access to the part then all of my suggestion is moot.

Top Tags