cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Do datecodes conflict?

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Do datecodes conflict?

Will datecodes under the same major release conflict with one another. Meaning, will datecodes such as Pro 5/Creo M080 & Pro5/Creo M110, result in any interoperability issues when sharing files? My company is using M080 and I want to install M110 on my PC.

Thanks,

Kevin

P.S. Is there any hope of PTC creating interoperability between major releases of Creo?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. Kevin, we use Pro5/Creo. We are a large center and have numerous datecodes being used at any given time with no noticable issues. I wouldn't forsee any problems other than the lack of updates on the M080 machine.

2. There is always hope!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

1. Kevin, we use Pro5/Creo. We are a large center and have numerous datecodes being used at any given time with no noticable issues. I wouldn't forsee any problems other than the lack of updates on the M080 machine.

2. There is always hope!

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:KevinBradberry)

That said, Creo 1 and Wildfire 5 can get a little mixed up. For example, the Restore Session feature seems to be shared between the two. It's actually quite handy, but I don't think it's intentional. So if Wildfire 5 crashes then you launch Creo it will offer to restore your Wildfire 5 session, as will Wildfire 5 itself of course.

PTC did release add-ons for maintained customers to let you open up newer Pro/E files in older version of Wildfire, but they seem to have discontinued this with Creo 1, and I think someone said recently that they were a bit rubbish anyway.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:David_M)

Yes, I read the description of the add-on you've mentioned and the wording was vague and did not inspire me to download the add-on.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Are you telling me that if I download and use Creo 1.0 that files I make or modify will be accessible and usable for others that are using Creo Elements/pro 5.0?

David_M
5-Regular Member

No, they haven't released a version for Creo. The old add-ons are called GCRI and you can download them here if you're on maintenence: http://www.ptc.com/products/granite/gcri/free-download.htm

So Wildfire 4 users can open Wildfire 5 files, but as I said I don't think they're rated highly.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

David,

In an above response you said,

That said, Creo 1 and Wildfire 5 can get a little mixed up. For example, the Restore Session feature seems to be shared between the two. It's actually quite handy, but I don't think it's intentional. So if Wildfire 5 crashes then you launch Creo it will offer to restore your Wildfire 5 session, as will Wildfire 5 itself of course.

This sounds like Creo 1 & WF 5 are interoperable in some ways without the add-on. If this is the case, can you elaborate on the scope of the interoperability?

David_M
5-Regular Member

Hi Kevin

As I said I don't think it's intentional, and it isn't so much the files as the list of open files (the session) which is shared. However, this is no longer the case with Creo Parametric 1.0 datecode M020, which is a shame for the way I use the software. I am sure it would be possibel to restore this behaviour using Symbolic Links if you wanted to, providing you're on Windows 7.

Top Tags