cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Does it possible, in Creo 2.0, opening multiple files at once from a local folder?

ftoccaceli
1-Newbie

Does it possible, in Creo 2.0, opening multiple files at once from a local folder?

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

unfortunatelly such functionality is not available. Also you can open 15 windows simultaneously, only.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin,

as you know, isn't available even n Creo 3.0? Is this functionality planned to be introduced in future releases?

FT

Hi,

I do not think that this functionality will be ever implemented.

Can you provide more details about your situation? Maybe I can suggest you how to solve it...

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

No problem if I'm working connected to my Windchill server: through the workspace functionalities I can select multiple files and open them together in session (no more than 15) and this is ok.
But sometimes I need to work in stand-alone mode, and so multi-opening functionality isn't working. It's not a very impactful issue on my productivity, but in my CATIA V5 previous experience this functionality was useful.....so I'm just wondering if I can do the same thing (or similar) with Creo Parametric.

Thanks

Hi Fabio,

As Martin mentioned, currently this functionality is not available. However you can submit a product Idea for this.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

There already is one.  Multiple file open functionality using selection ways as known in most operating systems

Until PTC decides to implement it, you could try the alternate methods here: Re: Batch saving and opening multiple files at once

JPM_LPE
2-Guest
(To:TomU)

Anything else that can be done to escalate this? This is basic windows functionality in almost every other windows application. Seems a little insane that it isn't a feature in Creo yet.

Top Tags