cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Drawing scale factor

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Drawing scale factor

Hi,

I have created an extrude in Pro-E 4.0 with sketch plane as Front plane and dimensions as 100 MM *125 MM *150 MM.

When I create drawing from this part, I have got scale factor as 0.010 on lower left corner.

This is what is confusing me as after saving drawing file into DXF format and measuring front view , actual value of 100 MM *125 MM is comes out as 25.91 MM * 32.39 MM which indicates scale factor as 3.85.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Ketan Lalcheta

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
15 REPLIES 15

I've had trouble with having metric properly convert. You start by making sure the part units really is millimeters. This normally solves all the issues.

Feel free to attach some test files using the advanced editor in the forum. We can probably see where the problem is.

Hi Ketan,

Sometimes when we use prototypes the drawing units can be diferent then prt units. My suggestion is to look for a config.dtl file and try to put this option "drawing_units MM"

config.dtl is the option that controls drawing options

Hi,

Thanks for help but can you please provide some more information about DTF file as I am new to this.

Thanks and Regards,

Ketan

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

One basic question I have.

You are referring to set unit at which level, I mean after just starting Pro-E or after creating part or after creating drawing?

I donot find any option to set unit after starting pro-E under Edit menu.

Thanks and Regards,

Ketan

in my config.pro file i have this line:

drawing_setup_file c:\Creo_configs\drw_setup\config.dtl

In this folder: c:\Creo_configs\drw_setup i have the file attached

Hi,

config.pro file is located at following three locations:

1. C:\PTC\proeWildfire4.0M130\protoolkit\protk_appls\pt_userguide
  2. C:\PTC\proeWildfire4.0M130\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_param
  3. C:\PTC\proeWildfire4.0M130\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_elev

Which one I need to modify and for 4.0 and creo, is it same?

THanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Ketan

you should change the config.pro that is set on your shortcut, my example ( forget my folders name )

2013-10-23+13_45_17-Greenshot.jpg

After setting in config file also, there is no proper scale factor in WF 4.0.

I am not sure where the units are set in WF4. I am on Creo and it lets you change the units value in the part properties settings. Units are only set in the part or assembly files. You might need to fire up the help files to see where to change this in WF4.

You can set units on a drawing

Yes you can, but drawing units are dependent on the units of the model. If you change the units in a drawing to MM and the part is inch, it simply does a conversion. The problem the original post seems to point to is that the part is 125 inches instead of 125mm.

I think the problem is when measuring the dxf file, and that units comes from the drw option file

True, the 3.85 conversion factor makes no sense. I've had pretty good luck with DXF exports. The initial view scale of 0.010 is the main suspect. Regardless, the imported scale is illogical.

I'd like to have a look at that file set.

I am talking about the option file because i made 2d prototipes ( formats ) based on autocad dwg or dxf files, and i had those same errors when exporting drw to dxf.

We're talking WF4, so I have little experience with that. Maybe things have improved in Creo.

Top Tags