cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Drilling - default to depth to tip

paulcoombs
1-Newbie

Drilling - default to depth to tip

Hiya All, First post on here, so please be gentle !

Just 'upgraded' to Creo Parametric 1.0, but have been using Pro/E since Version 2001.

Anyway, would really love to know if there's a setting buried deep within config.pro (if creo still uses it ???) where i can change the default setting for drilling depth from shoulder to tip ?

Now that it's inside the details sub menu, its proving to be a bit time consuming !

cheers guys

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:paulcoombs)

not sure. I haven't had the chance to Play with the new creo Parametric yet.(Probably won't until 2.0.) So they moved the tip selection from the drill depth menu to a different area? It is nice to have it sitting with the depth like it is in WF5. Very easy to change which I do quite often depending on the sequence.

creo-drilling.png

They've moved it, it's now a few extra clicks. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's a more than it used to be !

99% of the time I program to drill point, and always wondered if I could change the default ?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:paulcoombs)

I think I will stick with WF 5 for a while... More mouse picks... doesn't sound like an improvement to me

umm, there is alot more clicking and moving around - not convinced yet !

although, there are some nice touches, which, at the minute are keeping it installed !

Top Tags