cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ECAD-MCAD Collaboration - Transfer Attributes

apoignon
1-Newbie

ECAD-MCAD Collaboration - Transfer Attributes

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on the ECAD-MCAD collaboration with incrementel IDX-File. We use Creo3.0 for the MCAD department and PADSVX (Mentór Graphics) for the ECAD.

My question concerns the transfert of attibutes with the IDX-File. Let me resume :

In PADS I create a board-outline and place component (from the pads-lib) on it, Each komponents have several attributes (Part-Type, PCB-decal, ASSM, ME, MK, MANUF etc...) with values. When it's done, I create a IDX-baseline File with the MCAD Collaborator in 3DView, and send it to MCAD. When I open this file as ECAD-Assembly in Creo, I have my board and each element als .prt file. But when I look at the parameter (=attribute in PADS) of each element, I don't see the attributes from the ECAD-interface, I see attributes from Creo and from Windchill (yeah because we use Windchill btw). All I have is the Part-Type and PCB-Decal , which is cool okay, but it would be better if I could have the other parameters.

What I've tried :

- I really looked everywher in Creo but couldn't find these Attributes. But I'm pretty sure they went with the IDX-File, as for the Part-Type and PCB-decal.

- I wrote in PADS a script that give me an excel-file with list of element and attributes for each one. Is there a way to use it in Creo (synchronised or sthg like that ?).

Would be glad if someone faced same problem or see the solution.

Thanks for the help anyway !

Aym

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Up!

I may find a solution usign a Script in Layout that export all parameters of all components. Then I use the Excel-Analyse in Creo to import all the parameters for each Part.

This way works but has two problemes : first the user has to do it for each element and therefore can take a lot of time. Then ít only import the value of the parameters, not the names of the parameter. So he has to rename them by his own.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Up!

I may find a solution usign a Script in Layout that export all parameters of all components. Then I use the Excel-Analyse in Creo to import all the parameters for each Part.

This way works but has two problemes : first the user has to do it for each element and therefore can take a lot of time. Then ít only import the value of the parameters, not the names of the parameter. So he has to rename them by his own.

Top Tags