cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Error : "License is lost"

Manikandan
7-Bedrock

Error : "License is lost"

Frequently I am getting error like " License is lost " while working on CREO PARAMETRIC

Is there anyone facing similar issue. Please help me to resolve the problem.

10 REPLIES 10

Hello,

the problem is related to your network communication. I do not have a simple advice how to resolve it. You can ask your IT department to check network traffic between your workstation and license server.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin ,

I have check with my IT team they said there is no problem with the connectivity .

Is there any chance of getting this issue because of using wildfire 4.0 ?

Manikandan

Hi,

I am sorry, I don't know.

Martin Hanak

Manikandan periyasamy wrote:

Martin ,

I have check with my IT team they said there is no problem with the connectivity .

Is there any chance of getting this issue because of using wildfire 4.0 ?

Manikandan

Martin Hanák

Thank you for your quick response

Mani

Manikandan,

Were you able to work with your IT department to resolve the problem?

I have the problem when putting the computer to sleep. I downgraded the license manager and it helped, but did not completely solve the issue.

Now I know how to force the license server to stop and restart with the task manager.

You can probably create an AutoIt program to do the entire thing automatically from a single button.

For those with a network license server, I suppose AutoIt could even be set to alert by running lmstatus/ptcstatus or whatever it is now and seeing when that drops or ping the server to see if the round-trip time is getting too long.

David,

Could pls explain how to set Autolt . hopefully it will help .

Manikandan

Antonius,

if the license manager is represented by FLEXlm server for PTC service, then you can restart it (for example) using the following commands in Command prompt window (opened using Run as Administrator option from RMB menu).

net stop "FLEXlm server for PTC"

net start "FLEXlm server for PTC"

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I face this often when using web based LM. If you are using LM tools check for right date code.

Top Tags