cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Family Tables- screws

MIchael_Ohlrich
3-Visitor

Family Tables- screws

Hello Guru's

We are running into a situation that seems like a config setting problem. We are running WF4 and Windchill 9.0, for some background.

This is the situation test-

First, I add a family table of parts to my workspace (like 2-56 BHCS). Then if I open the generic of the family table everything works great. Opening any of the instances of the table with the generic in memory works fine. The issue arises when I try and open an instance without the generic in memory. When I do this the "conflict window" pops up and wants me to check-out the generic and the instance. Nothing has been modified yet so why is PRO requesting a check-out. We would like our system to only request a check-out if a modification is being made.

I am assuming that this is a config option setting that controls this action. I have looked and cannot find a setting to change this. Maybe this is how PRO likes to work if so, maybe someone out there can shed some light on why PRO would make the check-out request with one order of operation and not the other.

Thanks,

Michael Ohlrich

Benchmade Knife Company

Oregon City, Oregon

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags