cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Fatal Error: Memory Error

Carguy131313
8-Gravel

Fatal Error: Memory Error

Hello,

I have DXF file that always crashes my system when trying to import it.  I can get past the "Import New Model" dialogue and the "Import DXF" dialogue only to have the system register a fatal error.  It states "Memory Error" in the status bar and then yields a Fatal Error box pops up.  This is a machine with 64GB of ram so I find it really hard to believe that I am actually running out of memory...

If I try to import the same file on a colleagues computer it has no problem importing the file...

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue or where to start looking are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

@Carguy131313 wrote:

Hello,

I have DXF file that always crashes my system when trying to import it.  I can get past the "Import New Model" dialogue and the "Import DXF" dialogue only to have the system register a fatal error.  It states "Memory Error" in the status bar and then yields a Fatal Error box pops up.  This is a machine with 64GB of ram so I find it really hard to believe that I am actually running out of memory...

If I try to import the same file on a colleagues computer it has no problem importing the file...

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue or where to start looking are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

1.] check whether Creo version installed on your computer is the same as on colleague's computer

2.] try importing DXF when logged as different user

3.] check graphic card driver version ... if it is old the install current one

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the reply.  Here are my findings.

1.] check whether Creo version installed on your computer is the same as on colleague's computer

The working version is at 6.0.0.0.  The non-working version is at 6.0.1.0

No change.

Updated to latest version, no change.

Try installing a newer release of Creo 6.

If it works on one build, but not another, it could be a bug n that 1 build.

All Creo 6 files are interchangeable with all builds of Creo 6.

@Carguy131313 wrote:

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the reply.  Here are my findings.

The working version is at 6.0.0.0.  The non-working version is at 6.0.1.0

No change.

Updated to latest version, no change.

Hi,

try installing 6.0.0.0 on your computer.

Martin Hanák

Okay.  I didn't know downgrading was possible but I will try that.

Thanks.

As I was afraid that didn't change the outcome.  I've tried same version (6.0.0.0) and next version (6.0.2.0). 

Here is the frustrating thing... Creo View Express can actually open the file.

I recall back in the day in Wildfire there being this thing called the GB switch, there isn't anything in newer releases of Creo like that, is there?

@Carguy131313 wrote:

As I was afraid that didn't change the outcome.  I've tried same version (6.0.0.0) and next version (6.0.2.0). 

Here is the frustrating thing... Creo View Express can actually open the file.

I recall back in the day in Wildfire there being this thing called the GB switch, there isn't anything in newer releases of Creo like that, is there?

Hi,

I am almost sure that the problem is not related to RAM memory amount.

1.] try switching Creo into English in case that you use different language

2.] try saving DXF file into C:\TEMP directory and renaming to a.dxf

3.] try adding following line at the end of parametric.psf file in Creo 6.0.0.0 installation

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\TEMP\PTC_WF_ROOT_CR6000

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

I tried the suggestions you made and it still doesn't work.

Thanks for continued support.

@Carguy131313 wrote:

Hello Martin,

I tried the suggestions you made and it still doesn't work.

Thanks for continued support.

Hi,

I am sorry I don't have any other idea. I would have to sit at your computer to help you.

Martin Hanák

That's what I was afraid of.  Thank you though.

Mike

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Carguy131313)

Is this a file you can upload for someone on here to try? Or do you have access to other creo users computers to try it on? Or other software? 

I have had luck with other users computers and even with other software occasionally when it wouldn't import on Creo on my computer.

Unfortunately I cannot share it.  But I have tried on other setups and it opens.  It seems to be isolated to just my machine.  I have had success on a machine running Windows 10 with Creo 6.0.0.0, a Windows 7 machine running Creo 3.0, my machine running Wildfire 4.0, and as I mentioned earlier it opens on Creo View Express 6.0 on this machine.  On a positive note Solidworks 2016 chokes on the file as well (lol).

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Carguy131313)

Sorry, I missed the part about trying on others computers. Sometimes I have figured out setting issues, sometimes I could never figure out what was different.

Double check your hard drive space to make sure you have enough free space for the processing.

Other than that, try removing all your config.pro/config.sup to see if its a config issue.

Good luck

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the reply.  I actually had already tried to remove my config.pro folder based on a suggestion in another forum post... Obviously that didn't work.  As for hard drive space, I have more than 30GB's available so I don't think that's it either.  Thanks for the suggestions though.

Regards,

Mike

Top Tags