cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

File Format Association Error

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

File Format Association Error

Recently I have this popping up when ever I start WF5/Creo. Any suggestion as to what it is asking me to install?

Thanks, Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

From my VAR - we set the config.pro:

startup_check_for_visualization - no

This is a work around that solve the window popping up.

Thanks, Dale

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Dale,

I think the best way how to solve the problem is to deinstall/install WF5...

MH

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

Martin,

WF5/Creo is the main software we use. I had Creo3 loaded in a different directory..... so I could do some trial evals.

Thanks

Dale,

if you use different ProE/Creo version, then it is necessary to set PTC_WF_ROOT variable for every version. I do it in psf file in bin directory using the following line:

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=path_to_directory_related_to_specific_version

MH

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MartinHanak)

I had my AR set it up, so I thought it was good to go. I think I have used it only once or twice and that was a couple of months ago.

My guess is that Creo 3 changed the file associations that are used to open the right software if you double click a file in a folder.

I'm with Martin, I'd reinstall WF5, it may solve your other problem too.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Dale,

You may wanna try repairing the Productview by executing ProductView_Express_32_64.msi from Creo Elements Load Point\install\addon.

Forgive my ignorance, but for what is productview_express_32_54.msi used?

Thanks, Dale

It is for ProductView Express installation/reconfiguration.

Was ProductView Express a "lite" version of Windchill?

Dale,

I was seeing the same exact message on my Creo Elements/Pro 5.0 local install.  I followed Mahesh's suggestion by launching ProductView_Express_32_64.msi and clicking Repair.

The next time I launched 5.0, the window did not show up.

Thanks,

Amit

There are (3) of them in different folders. Is there a specific one that needs to be run?

Thanks, Dale

Dale,

in WF5 you can find:

wf5.png

In CR2 you can find:

cr2.png

MH

Martin Hanák
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

From my VAR - we set the config.pro:

startup_check_for_visualization - no

This is a work around that solve the window popping up.

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags