cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

File Size Increase Upon Upload & Check-in

lkerila
1-Newbie

File Size Increase Upon Upload & Check-in

We've been experincing very long upload times on our assemblies and drawings. Typical upload times are a few seconds, but we've seen it as high as an hour on large assemblies. It's not uncommon for a simple 6 component assembly to take 10-15 minutes to upload. In trying to diagnose this, I found that the file size is huge when upload takes so long. The increase ranges from 10x to 20x. I cannot for the life of me understand how the file size could change so dramatically. After this discovery, we tried check-in w/o any config files. It behaved as expected, with a short upload time. Then we re-introduced the normal configs, and again it worked as expected. I was not able to reproduce the long check-in time and file size growth. Has anyone else seen this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

If you are using Creo Parametric 2.0 the shade_quality and save_model_display settings in your config.pro file can make the model file size much larger. See PTC document CS148944.

Top Tags