cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

File, save

MarkMarenghi
1-Newbie

File, save

Is there a config option to stop Creo from creating a new file with every file, save? I end up with a ton files if I forget to purge.

Also, for some reason in Creo when I save a file that has a family table instance I need to either varify the table instances or open each and regen in order to save the instance or generic that I was working with. Pro/e never did this, it would just save and I would be on my merry way.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Mark,

a behaviour of Save command cannot be changed.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Needing to verify predates Creo. It is part of Intralink/PDMLink integration in order to make certain that parameters in the instances are correctly calculated so that they appear correctly in Intralink/PDMLink. I haven't worked outside a pdm system for a while, so I don't know if the verification is required there, but there is a verify-on-save option to make it automatic with saving.

What's the dislike about the files? Disk space is pretty cheap, though large numbers of files do require more time for making backups. As mentioned, the reason for the increments is to act as a safety net against file failures or user errors. I've seen users delete all the older versions, only to discover the latest one is corrupt, which you don't discover until it's been opened again.

If you often want to purge older files, look into creating a script that runs when you start Pro/E or prompts you to run when you start as a reminder.

Thank you for the feed back!

I know why a file is created with every save, I just wanted to see if I could disable it. I dont use a PDM but I do use several different CAD/CAM packages so I am in and out of project directories constantly. If I forget to purge I have to weed through all of the files.

I will try the verify-save option to see if that solves the instance regen that I am referring to.

Thanks again!!

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:MarkMarenghi)

How do you purge directories when you say if you forget to? Because you can just purge then?

Top Tags