cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

File sharing issue

Warren_M
6-Contributor

File sharing issue

We have recently updated our Creo 4 Parametric to release M090. Since doing this, we no longer can see our server when using "Set working directory" in Creo. It Does not show up at all. I have added search paths to the config.pro file. I have added it to my "Favorites" in order to at least get to it, but it will not let me set as a working directory. We were at M040 I believe and had no problems. We have 2 seats and have the same problem on both of them. Any Ideas as to what happened? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Warren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Warren_M 

One of the possible reason is login details, if drives were mapped as different user (e.g. Admin) and Creo executed as different user..

Check details in article CS28868

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@Warren_M 

One of the possible reason is login details, if drives were mapped as different user (e.g. Admin) and Creo executed as different user..

Check details in article CS28868

Hello

Our IT person read the CS28868 article and said he went with the second choice in the article. It worked, I now have access to all the files I need. Thanks for all the replies..

Warren

pajaresr
5-Regular Member
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

I have been working with UNC for years. Only 2 windows registry entrances need to be changed. But after moving to W10, it has stopped working perfectly. After 4 hours not moving Creo, the computer stop saving and after a bit more also stops searching files in the UNC path. Something is inside that nobody knows

@pajaresr wrote:

I have been working with UNC for years. Only 2 windows registry entrances need to be changed. But after moving to W10, it has stopped working perfectly. After 4 hours not moving Creo, the computer stop saving and after a bit more also stops searching files in the UNC path. Something is inside that nobody knows

Hi,

go to network card properties and turn off power saving option.

Martin Hanák
pajaresr
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thanks bit network card is working perfectly. From the windows explorer I have some UNC folders open. I can browse them. I can also run other applications that use files from UNC paths and work. It is just a flag inside Creo.

@Warren_M wrote:

We have recently updated our Creo 4 Parametric to release M090. Since doing this, we no longer can see our server when using "Set working directory" in Creo. It Does not show up at all. I have added search paths to the config.pro file. I have added it to my "Favorites" in order to at least get to it, but it will not let me set as a working directory. We were at M040 I believe and had no problems. We have 2 seats and have the same problem on both of them. Any Ideas as to what happened? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Warren

Hi,

how do you access shared data ?

via UNC path ( \\servername\...) -OR- via mapped disk drive (Q:\...) ?

Martin Hanák
Warren_M
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

We have a mapped drive to our storage vault. When I needed to make minor changes, I would just set the working directory to the one required in the vault. Otherwise I would move the directory onto my machine to work on. Was working fine until the last update to the latest date code. Now it can't see it. It let me add the mapped drive to my "Favorites" but will not let me set as my "Working directory". Nothing else has changed.

Hi,

hm... unfortunatelly I don't have any idea ... if I were you I would install previous Creo version and test it to be sure that the problem is related to M090.

Martin Hanák

There is also M100 that is available you can try.

Top Tags