cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Help - how ot move rotation center?

adelbalso
1-Newbie

Help - how ot move rotation center?

HI

I am using Creo Elements View with Animator license. I have not been able to figure out how to move the rotation center, when rotating a part.

Can anyone share how to do that?

Thanks,

Anthony

3 REPLIES 3

In Creo Elements / View 10 you can go to Part Properties - Location - Relative to - Pick From Geometry.

In Product View 9.1, as far as I'm aware, you can only rotate around a coordynate system. So you have to create one first and then go to Part Properties - Location - Relative to - Select and select the coordinate system.

Got a clarifying question by email, reposting the reply here in case someone else is have the same question.

Actually it's just a small video illustrating the functionality

Thanks Dmitry, I have gotten it to work with your excellent instructions - it's certainly not user friendly though, 😞
Have a great day.
Also, how can you turn on the viewing of coordinate systems? I cannot see those, or the spin center in creo 10.0 view.

Thank You,

Anthony Del Balso

This is good. To answer the question about viewing the CSYS, please check the 'Filter' settings from the home ribbon. If the filter settings are dis-abled in Creo Element/View markups, then you have to enable to see them.

Also, if you are using files published from ProE CAD, you could able to get all the native CAD datums which can be viewed by enabling the 'Filter - Model Constructure Geoemtry'. Hope this helps.

Top Tags