cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Help identifying old hidden options

jwagh
17-Peridot

Help identifying old hidden options

I'm in the process of going through all of our config options for our migration from W5 to C3. I found some old hidden options, that I'm clueless on. The person who added them didn't remember much about them either; whether it would be applicable, helpful or hurtful in Creo3. Can anyone help explain some of these options and your opinion on these being set in Creo3 (with Windchill 10)?

• auto_assembly_with_layouts yes

• default_object_invalid_refs copy

• dm_background_operations no

• dm_emulate_ilink_sys_parameters yes

• dm_network_request_size 8000000

• dm_network_threads 8

• drawing_file_editor editor

• fix_boundaries_on_import yes

• graphics opengl

• intf3d_in_close_open_boundaries yes

• intf_in_use_template_models yes

• logical_objects yes

• nt_cache_dirs yes

• query_bin_start yes

• regen_layout_w_assem yes

• relat_marks_obj_modified no

• retain_pattern_definition yes

• spin_control drag

• standard_hole_note_correction on

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
18 REPLIES 18
davehaigh
11-Garnet
(To:jwagh)

These are the hidden options I use in Creo 2.0

dm_emulate_ilink_sys_parameters YES
dm_network_request_size 1000000
dm_network_retries 10
dm_network_threads 4
browser_limit_to_ie9_mode yes
obsolete_pre_wf3_layout_replace yes
regen_read_only_insts no
relat_marks_obj_modified no
iges_in_106_f2_as_spline YES
intf_in_use_template_models yes

David Haigh
jwagh
17-Peridot

Thanks Dave!

Joseph Wagh
ProEngineer Administrator, Engineer

Office: 201.767.3400 x12521
jwagh@crestron.com<">mailto:jwagh@crestron.com>

Crestron Electronics, Inc.
22 Link Drive, Rockleigh, New Jersey 07647
Crestron Website<">http://www.crestron.com> | Twitter<">http://www.twitter.com/crestronhq> | Facebook<">http://www.facebook.com/crestronhq>

[
davehaigh
11-Garnet

I also use:

* graphics opengl
But I didn’t think that was a hidden option. I don’t have it marked as such.

David Haigh
Chris3
20-Turquoise

I am not familiar with them all, but will comment on those I do know about.

• auto_assembly_with_layouts yes

• default_object_invalid_refs copy

• dm_background_operations no 8000000 - Size in bytes of HTTP upload to PDM. Default is 100000.

• dm_network_threads 8 - I think there was a thread on this a while back. I don't think this is a valid option anymore. I want to say it was changed in Creo 2 but it might have been 3. You used to be able to change opengl to win32_gdi which bypassed the graphics card and used the CPU for graphics rendering to troubleshoot graphics cards as a source of bugs or Pro/Exits

• intf3d_in_close_open_boundaries yes

• intf_in_use_template_models yes

• logical_objects yes

• nt_cache_dirs yes

• query_bin_start yes

• regen_layout_w_assem yes

• relat_marks_obj_modified no

• retain_pattern_definition yes

• spin_control drag

• standard_hole_note_correction on

jwagh
17-Peridot

Chris,
Those were really helpful. Thank you.

Joseph Wagh
ProEngineer Administrator, Engineer

Office: 201.767.3400 x12521
jwagh@crestron.com<">mailto:jwagh@crestron.com>

Crestron Electronics, Inc.
22 Link Drive, Rockleigh, New Jersey 07647
Crestron Website<">http://www.crestron.com> | Twitter<">http://www.twitter.com/crestronhq> | Facebook<">http://www.facebook.com/crestronhq>

[
dgallup
4-Participant

In Reply to Joseph Wagh:

I'm in the process of going through all of our config options for our migration from W5 to C3. I found some old hidden options, that I'm clueless on. The person who added them didn't remember much about them either; whether it would be applicable, helpful or hurtful in Creo3. Can anyone help explain some of these options and your opinion on these being set in Creo3 (with Windchill 10)?

• auto_assembly_with_layouts yes - Copies missing objects so the part/feature does not fail

• dm_background_operations no

• dm_emulate_ilink_sys_parameters yes

• dm_network_request_size 8000000

• dm_network_threads 8

• drawing_file_editor editor Tries to heal gaps when importing STEP files (maybe IGES too)

• graphics opengl

What is the purpose of: browser_limit_to_ie9_mode yes? Does the option address the Windchill 10.0/Creo 2.0 /IE 10 or 11 compatibility issues?

Mark S. Bohannon
MDA Administrator/Programmer
8001 Development Drive
Morrisville, NC 27650
USA

mbohannon@lenovo.com<">mailto:e-mail>
dmartin
11-Garnet

Mark,

Yes it does. We ran into a huge issue with that last year. Creo 2.0 / Windchill 10.1 is not compatible with IE 10 or 11.

Be aware uninstalling IE 11 will automatically revert to IE 10, but IE 10 has an option turned on that will automatically update IE to version 11. Lovely. We discovered that when we uninstalled IE 11, thinking our computers would revert back down to IE 9 (which had been installed), but IE 11 kept coming back. Then we figured out what was happening.

The embedded browser compatibility options (with both IE and Firefox) are a huge pain.

David R. Martin II

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer

Amazon Prime Air

adawkins
1-Newbie

This worked well for us in the couple months between when IT rolled out IE 11 and when we upgraded from 10.1 to 10.2 last week. We first tries the Mozilla based embedded browser but that had poor performance and the Mozilla cache got corrupted a lot so this while unsuppported was a much better option for us.

Does anyone know if there's any negative effects to having this set with IE 11 and 10.2? I suspect a number of users here have it in their local configs so wondering if I need to worry about that...

Abby Dawkins
MCAD Support
KLA-Tencor Corp
davehaigh
11-Garnet

We've been using it with 10.2 no problems.

David Haigh

Dave, Mark, et al:

Does anyone have any first-hand experience using browser_limit_to_ie9_mode with Creo 2 and Windchill 10.0? (It sounds like you do, Dave.)

Does browser_limit_to_ie9_mode truly work as expected (i.e. allows for IE11 on one’s workstation while still allowing the Embedded Browser in Creo 2 to work properly with Windchill 10.0)?

FYI: To avoid IE9 from being automatically updated to IE10/11 on a Win7 workstation, a user can “Hide<”">http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html>” the IE10 and IE 11 updates in the Windows Update window. I have been very successful in not getting automatically updated to IE10/11 by “Hiding” those updates…, with one exception. Yesterday, the most recent Windows Update ignored the “Hide” setting and updated our IE9 to IE11 anyway. Very frustrating. Not sure why this Windows Update did that when previous Windows Updates did not. But it certainly motivates me to consider the browser_limit_to_ie9_mode option so long as it truly works as expected. Of course the real answer is to upgrade the Windchill…, which has been losing to other IT priorities for months. But that’s another story….

Thanks,
Scott

Creo 2.0 m100
Windchill-based Intralink 10.0 m030

Scott Pearson
Senior Designer
CAD System Administrator

[cid:image006.png@01D07CEC.B8CE5380]S O U T H W E S T R E S E A R C H I N S T I T U T E®
Space Science and Engineering Division
Space Systems Directorate
Department of Space Engineering
6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

On 04/22/15 11:08 AM, Pearson, Scott wrote:
>
> Dave, Mark, et al:
>
> Does anyone have any first-hand experience using /browser_limit_to_ie9_mode/ with Creo 2 and
> Windchill 10.0? (It sounds like you do, Dave.)
>

It worked good for us on Windchill 10.2 M010 and Creo Parametric 2.0. We now are running 10.2 M020
and don't need it anymore.

> Does /browser_limit_to_ie9_mode/ truly work as expected (i.e. allows for IE11 on one’s workstation
> while still allowing the Embedded Browser in Creo 2 to work properly with Windchill 10.0)?
>

Exactly as advertised.

> FYI: To avoid IE9 from being automatically updated to IE10/11 on a Win7 workstation, a user can
> “*Hide
> <*”">http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html>*” the
> IE10 and IE 11 updates in the Windows Update window. I have been very successful in not getting
> automatically updated to IE10/11 by “Hiding” those updates…, with one exception. Yesterday, the
> most recent Windows Update ignored the “Hide” setting and updated our IE9 to IE11 anyway. Very
> frustrating. Not sure why this Windows Update did that when previous Windows Updates did not. But
> it certainly motivates me to consider the /browser_limit_to_ie9_mode/ option so long as it truly
> works as expected. Of course the real answer is to upgrade the Windchill…, which has been losing
> to other IT priorities for months. But that’s another story….
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott
>
> Creo 2.0 m100
>
> Windchill-based Intralink 10.0 m030
>
> *Scott Pearson
> *Senior Designer
>
> CAD System Administrator
>
> *S O U T H W E S T R E S E A R C H I N S T I T U T E^®
> **Space Science and Engineering Division*
>
> Space Systems Directorate
> Department of Space Engineering
> 6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
> phone: 210-522-5705
>
> fax: 210-647-4325
>
> *From:*Dave Martin [
bbenitez
1-Newbie

Scott -

We added: windows_browser_type mozilla_based_browser

To the C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M130\text folder.

All our I.E. problems went away.

Cheers

Anthony

Anthony R. Benitez
Senior Mechanical Designer - Supervisor
Applied Research Laboratories - The University of Texas at Austin

This email and/or attachments contains export controlled material under applicable laws of the United States. This material should only be handled by US persons (a person that is a permanent legal resident of the The United States or a protected individual) and should not be shared with any non-US person.

davehaigh
11-Garnet

See CS186546, CS187388
You can search the knowledge base for many of these hidden options and find a page with information about them.
David Haigh
davehaigh
11-Garnet

So Mozilla option is going away in Creo 3.0

You’ll have the choice of IE or Chrome. But then you saw the issues with Chrome ptc put out this week.
CS197206 - Impact of Netscape Plug-in API (NPAPI) deprecation in Google Chrome, Chromium based browsers and the effect on PTC products<">https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS197206>

David Haigh
bbenitez
1-Newbie

Gr……eat! Just when we finally got rid of I.E. automagically killing Windchill. I think we'll be staying with our current build for quite some time.

A

Anthony R. Benitez
Senior Mechanical Designer - Supervisor
Applied Research Laboratories - The University of Texas at Austin

This email and/or attachments contains export controlled material under applicable laws of the United States. This material should only be handled by US persons (a person that is a permanent legal resident of the The United States or a protected individual) and should not be shared with any non-US person.

dgallup
4-Participant

David

That link gives me:

Error:Document 197206> either does not exist or might have been pulled out from the knowledge base

In Reply to David Haigh:

So Mozilla option is going away in Creo 3.0

You'll have the choice of IE or Chrome. But then you saw the issues with Chrome ptc put out this week.
CS197206 - Impact of Netscape Plug-in API (NPAPI) deprecation in Google Chrome, Chromium based browsers and the effect on PTC products<

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Remove the > from the end of the address in your browser.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags