cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Help required for running Pro/Batch tool

srikanthposina
1-Newbie

Help required for running Pro/Batch tool

Hi. I have to take prints of around 30-40 drawings per day in my HP LaserJet 9040 PCL 6 printer. Can any one please help me in configuring the pro/batch tool for printing the drawings at a shot. I am new to pro/batch tool. Kindly help me. Regards, Srik.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Assuming that you are using Microsoft Windows: -Launch pro_batch.bat (which is in the \bin subfolder of your ProE installation folder) -Once launched, fill the Pro/Engineer Command (you can right-click and look at your ProE shortcut properties, the command looks like: C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 3.0\bin\proe.exe) -Create a new batch file (where files list and actions will be stored) by filling the Batch File box. -Use File>Browse in order to add files to print. -The Action column must be set to plot (otherwise go to Options>set action>plot) -Go to Preference>Set preference>plot and set plotter to POSTSCRIPT, scale to 1, paper size to FORMAT_SIZE. Output file have to be set to Create single file, filename to *.plt (star dot plt). In the plotter command box, you have to write the MS-DOS command for printing on your printer. You have to share your printer (do it in the printer and faxes control panel of Windows). The MS-DOS command will be print /d:\\computername\printersharename (dont forget the space between print and /d) -Click on the watch icon (run batch file) and wait... Note that probatch will launch a new xtop process, thus it may fail if you already have Pro/E running.

Thanks for the reply Sylvain. I have tried the exact procedure as specified by you. I am able to run the Pro/Batch command but I am not getting the prints from the printer. I am not getting any error message either. The status is showing as "Finished". Anymore settings I need to do for running this utility?

I forgot to mention, I am using Wildfire 4.0 and windows XP.

Have a look at the pro_batch.log file in the \bin directory. Are all the jobs succeeded or failed? Could you also search for nameofyourfile.plt files? If these .plt files exist that is a printer issue, if not that is a probatch or proe issue.

I could find only "probatch_trl.txt" file in the bin directory. The trail file generated was ***************************************** ~ Activate `batch_file` `ListSelectedFiles` \ 1 `prints.bat` ~ Select `batch_main` `ListMain` \ 0 ~ Update `batch_main` `ProeCmd` \ `C:\\CNH_wf4_m090\\proe\\29m090\\bin\\proe.exe` ~ Select `batch_main` `ListMain` \ 2 `0` `1` ~ Select `batch_main` `MenuBarMain` \ 1 `Preference` ~ Close `batch_main` `MenuBarMain` ~ Activate `batch_main` `PushButtonSetOptionPref` ~ Activate `batch_opref` `SetOptionPrefOK` ~ Activate `batch_main` `ToolbarRun` ~ Activate `batch_save` `yes` ~ Activate `batch_schedule` `RunAfterOK` ~ Select `batch_main` `ListMain` \ 2 `0` `1` ~ Select `batch_main` `MenuBarMain` \ 1 `Preference` ~ Close `batch_main` `MenuBarMain` ~ Activate `batch_main` `PushButtonSetOptionPref` ~ Activate `batch_opref` `SetOptionPrefCancel` ~ Close `batch_main` `batch_main` ~ Activate `batch_exit` `PushButtonExitOK` *********************************************** Also there are no .plt files in any of my drives. Creating PDFs or TIFFs will also serve my requirement if there is problem in printing directly to the printer. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Could you copy/paste here the content of the batch file you created? (open it with wordpad or notepad) Could you also look at the windows processes in order to see if a xtop.exe is launched by pro/batch when you click on the watch?
Top Tags